China Glaze & Cirque du Soleil Worlds Away: Nail Lacquer in It's A Trap-Eze!

on
Monday, January 21, 2013

Okay, so I was on a cream nail polish kick for a bit there, but once my China Glaze Cirque du Soleil order arrived, I was like, "Screw it, I'm going back to glitter!" In another rare act of self-control, I ordered only three shades from this collection after much debate (e.g. filtering through the dozens of online reviews and swatches). The one I was most excited about, and the one that is the most hyped from this collection, was It's A Trap-Eze!, which has quickly become the most unique shade I own.


It's A Trap-Eze! is a milky white base with multi-coloured and multi-sized glitter. It has a thicker consistency that is common with chunkier glitter polishes, but it doesn't hinder the application. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. Because the glitter comes in both medium and large sizes and the base is semi-sheer, it goes opaque in three medium coats. I cannot think of any dupes for this. What I love the most about this is that the milkiness of the base colour makes the glitter appear pastel, reminiscent of confetti, balloons, and Cadbury Mini Eggs. It's only appropriate that this shade was created for their Cirque du Soleil collection; it's fun, carefree, happy, and colourful. It looks pretty tacky, like a clumsy kid accidentally spilled craft glitter over your clean white manicure, but that's probably the biggest appeal for me.
4 comments on "China Glaze & Cirque du Soleil Worlds Away: Nail Lacquer in It's A Trap-Eze!"
  1. Replies
    1. I think so, too. :) Kinda garish, but it makes me happy!

      Delete
  2. Super super fun! It's one of the more interesting polishes I've seen lately. Totally agree that it's Cadbury eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, agreed -- so many shades of nail polish that are coming out right now just seem to be copies of each other. This is definitely the most unique shade I've come across in a long time!

      My friend was totally stoned one night and was looking at my nails while I was wearing this, and he was like, "I wanna eat your hands right now..." LOL!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9