Friday Five: Themeless

on
Friday, December 7, 2012
This week's Friday Five:
  1. You know those delicatessens that name sandwiches after famous people? What would be the ingredients of the sandwich named after you? Bacon, avocado, grilled chicken, muenster and cheddar cheese, sundried tomatoes, and garlic chipotle aioli on rosemary foccacia. Oh, god, now I'm really, really hungry...
  2. What's your favorite part of staying in a hotel? I don't need to clean up after myself! Fresh towels everyday and a perfectly made bed to sleep in every night are also pros of staying at a hotel. I also love a nice, sleek, streamlined bathroom.
  3. What was the last book you read, and how was it? The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It's definitely one of the most unique novels I've read recently — equal parts mysterious, magical, and romantic, with a flurry of darkness and a touch of whimsy. It was beautifully written, and the world in which the story is set is described so vividly that I could visualize the circus with stunning clarity. Each character is very distinctive as well, and I loved seeing how they grow over the span of so many years. I really didn't want it to end. But I'm glad it's a standalone novel because it makes the story that much more epic.
  4. What's something super-unhealthy you’ve recently eaten? Well, the bowl of fatty ramen with extra fatty pork belly I ate yesterday probably wasn't very healthy. And the Taco Bell I had the day before that was definitely not healthy...
  5. What do you do with all those Christmas cards with photos of friends and their kids? Weirdly enough, I don't get any Christmas cards with photos of friends, let alone their kids (none of my close friends have children). If I receive a Christmas card from a good friend, I tend to keep it on display with other cards I've received (birthday cards, postcards, etc.). If it's a mass Christmas card from, say, my insurance company or corporate retailer, on which my name isn't even on it and comes with a very generic "Seasons Greetings," I generally throw it out.
2 comments on "Friday Five: Themeless"
  1. 1) Mine would have: pesto, fresh buffalo mozzarella, spinach, tomatoes, arugula and bacon (lol).

    2) I actually don't ask for towels daily (only after three days), but I do love the feeling that I don't have to make the bed... not that I ever do mine! hahahaha

    3) I don't even remember -- I have been so busy this year that I've been neglecting my reading list. Womp womp wompzzzz.

    4) Chicago style pizza. It was a 2 inch thick pizza pie loaded with spicy Italian sausage, mushrooms, a pound of mozzarella, and tomato sauce.

    5) No one has ever given me a photo Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH GOD YOUR SANDWICH SOUNDS SO GOOD. HUNNNNGRRRYYYY!!!

      I always ask for towels daily. Carbon footprint be damned. :P I don't make my bed, either, which is why it's SO AWESOME to have it made for you!

      I always read when I eat at home and on lunch breaks, so I get a lot of reading done. I read more before summer started, but I usually finish one book a week now. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9