Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Scuppered

on
Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Okay, I know the Butter London Holiday 2012 collection came out ages ago (and I bought them over a month ago), but I only got around to trying them out now. As we all know, I have an obsession with glitter/shimmer polishes, so you can imagine how excited I was about this collection, in which all of the shades have some sort of sparkle element to it. They all have a Christmas-y or winter theme to them, but not predictably so. I thought I would try the most unique of the five shades first.


Scuppered is a medium-dark metallic bronze-copper base with fuchsia, gold, and bronze micro-glitter, and green hexagonal glitter. It has a fluid consistency, without being too thick or runny. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It has high pigmentation, and will go opaque in two medium coats. I cannot think of any dupes at this time. This is kind of a weird shade, not just because it's so unique to Butter London, but because it has such an unexpected combination of components. It's not a striking shade, but there is a strange beauty to it, reminding me of hot apple cider and hot chocolate, putting up ornaments on Christmas trees, and shiny gift wrap paper. Festive without being obnoxiously so.
6 comments on "Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Scuppered"
  1. Replies
    1. I was actually pleasantly surprised with this one because I didn't love it at first and then it really grew on me as I was wearing it. :)

      Delete
  2. I like the bronze but not the green flecks. It's a cool polish though. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not sure I love the green glitter in this one, either, but it doesn't look very obvious once it's on the nails. Not my favourite from Butter London's holiday collection, but I like that it's unique. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I have to agree that the green flecks are a bit weird, but I do like that it's unique too. I'd rather look at it on someone else than buy it for my own, though! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough, the green flecks don't really show up that obviously in real life! It looks more like a molten bronze shade. It's nice, but agreed, not really a must-have. :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9