OPI Skyfall Nail Lacquer in Goldeneye

on
Monday, November 12, 2012


If you've been living under a rock, Skyfall is the latest installment in the James Bond series (and Adele's song for the film has been playing approximately once every half-hour everywhere), and OPI collaborated with the franchise to release 12 shades of nail polish (plus three magnetic shades and one real 18-karat gold top coat). The 12 shades are each named after a James Bond film. I've already tried On Her Majesty's Secret ServiceLive and Let Die, and The World is Not Enough, and I am glad to report that the Skyfall nail love is still going strong (and I swear I will watch the movie soon; I'm just waiting for the hype to die down so there are less line-ups). The fourth and last shade I bought from this collection is Goldeneye.

Goldeneye (natural lighting)

Goldeneye (under flash)

Goldeneye is a clear base with medium yellow gold, amber, and copper shimmer and micro-glitter. It is named after the 1995 film of the same name. It leans fairly warm in most lighting, but can take on an almost green cast in certain angles. It has a fluid consistency without being too thick or too runny. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It has low-medium pigmentation, and will go opaque in three medium coats. I can't think of any close dupes for this; Essie's As Gold as it Gets is much more sheer and has flake glitter, Butter London's West End Wonderland is lighter, cooler, and less vibrant, and Deborah Lippmann's Boom Boom Pow has much larger glitter particles and is less warm. The formula of this one is much more sheer than all the other shades I've tried from this collection, but it is by far the most luxurious. It literally looks like molten gold, and I swear to you, every other person had asked me what I was wearing on my nails.
4 comments on "OPI Skyfall Nail Lacquer in Goldeneye"
  1. This is gorgeous and I'm not really a "gold" person. You should wear it for a New Year's Eve party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really a gold person, either! I bought this one because I felt like I needed to add a warm colour to the mix and this one seemed the most unique. :)

      That having been said, it is a stunning shade... and weirdly enough, I got way more people asking me what I was wearing on my nails with this shade than with the other three!

      Delete
  2. I go back and forth on this one. When I see photos like yours, I want it badly... but then I see other crappy photos of it and I'm like, "Naaaah." I think I'll leave it for now. I THINK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a must-have if you like golds. It really does look like molten gold, so nails look gilded. Beautiful! If you don't love golds, then don't bother. This is pretty much as gold as it gets, lol. And I also think it depends on skintone, 'cause it can make some hands look sickly... or too pink...

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9