Metric: Live at Air Canada Centre

on
Saturday, November 24, 2012
I went with my friend, Steph, to see Metric tonight at the Air Canada Centre.


I love them and their music, but I hate the Air Canada Centre. Metric, to me, is just not a band that is suited to playing arenas. We had really awesome seats (second row), but I don't think there should have been seats to begin with. People around us were sitting for most of the show, so we didn't want to be the assholes that were blocking their view by standing up, but Metric is a band that plays music best enjoyed in a crowd, singing loudly and obnoxiously to their songs, and dancing around like no one's watching. I'm just sayin'. That having been said, it was a great show overall, and Metric really has grown up a lot since the first time I saw them (nearly eight years ago!). They put on a much more dynamic show and really know how to work a crowd. It's great to see them so successful, really. I know Toronto is their hometown and they want more hoopla for their hometown show, but I just wish they'd book more shows at a smaller venue than one really big arena show that screams, "Sell out!" Is that so much to ask?
2 comments on "Metric: Live at Air Canada Centre"
  1. Oh, good points about the venue and sitting down. I've never watched Metric live but it would be fun in a smaller joint for sure. Maybe they'll surprise us one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen Metric a number of times, and this is the first time I've ever seen them play at an arena. I mean, this is the band that performed at the dinkiest stage for Ryerson's Picnic & Parade (when I was starting second year, so... Fall 2005). And after that, I think the largest venue I saw them perform at was Kool Haus.

      I also hate ACC because they give priority to season ticket holders, so like, 55-year-old rich white men. So unfair, 'cause I know a lot of people wanted to see Metric and couldn't get tickets. And these douche bags get priority. Fuckers.

      I took several videos at the show and both the video and audio turned out really well, so you can watch them and pretend like you were there, lol.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9