Five Guys Burgers and Fries

on
Monday, June 25, 2012
I have wanted to try Five Guys for a really long time now (since Mary kept raving about it), and since a new location opened up recently at York Mills and Don Mills, the gang and I finally decided to check it out last night.



Little Bacon Cheeseburger


Innards


Cajun Style Fries

Okay, so apparently, the regular Burgers have two beef patties, whereas the Little Burgers have one. I'm really glad I asked what the difference was because I originally ordered the regular Bacon Cheeseburger, and had to do a double take at the menu because there is also a Little Bacon Cheeseburger, which is $2 cheaper. The lady taking my order was like, "Trust me, you'll be really stuffed if you get the regular Bacon Cheeseburger and have fries." So I got the Little version, and we ordered a regular Cajun style fries to share (we originally ordered a large, and the lady was like, "You guys might want to get the regular, because the large is huge and we give a lot of fries"). As you can see from the pictures, the "little" burger is not really little at all, and the regular fries was larger than say, a large fries from McDonald's.

I got everything on my burger except for grilled onions, which included lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, grilled mushrooms, mayo, ketchup, and mustard. The beef patty was perfectly grilled, flavourful, and juicy, and the toppings were fresh and crisp, save for the grilled mushrooms which were soft and tender but not soggy. The bacon somehow remained crisp throughout, and the cheese was real cheddar and not processed (as it should be). The bun was substantial and lightly toasted, but didn't overwhelm the rest of the ingredients. A very tasty, very solid burger — one that I would definitely go back for again and again. They're not as good as, say, Burger's Priest or Shake Shack, but I would definitely put it on par with South Street Burger or Hero Burger. Five Guys is also known for their fries, and they really don't disappoint — in fact, they're some of the best fries I've had in a long time (certainly better than the aforementioned burger joints). Golden, perfectly crispy, full of potato-y goodness, and sprinkled in a most addictive Cajun seasoning. You definitely can't go to Five Guys without getting both a burger and an order of fries. Needless to say, I will be returning very, very soon.


Five Guys Burgers and Fries

865 York Mills Road
Toronto, ON M3B 1Y6
(647) 347-4510
6 comments on "Five Guys Burgers and Fries"
  1. Um....MAJORLY DROOLING HERE! OMG!! That looks like the most delicious burger I've ever seen! ~smacks lips~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, not gonna lie, it was pretty epic and was scarfed down in about two minutes...

      Have you tried Five Guys before? You should definitely check it out if you haven't! And Burger's Priest, while you're at it... ;)

      Delete
  2. I drive by that location almost daily because of work and each time I have to fight the temptation to pull in the parking lot, walk in and order two little cheeseburgers with a side of Cajun style fries.

    They really pile up on the fries, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, I don't know how you don't give into your temptation... Thank god I don't live close to one, 'cause I'd be 300 pounds by now...

      Unnngghhhh, the Cajun fries are sooooo gooooood... and I was so surprised at how big a regular size is -- we literally shared the regular between five people!

      Delete
  3. I like burgers but don't find Hero to be all that wow, so if this is on par with Hero then... :x

    Really regret not indulging in Burger's Priest though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loooove Hero burgers -- it's not wow, per se, but I do find them to be damn tasty! I think it's still worth trying Five Guys. You never know, you might end up loving them! And, if that fails, the Cajun fries are ridiculous.

      Oh, man, you definitely need to try Burger's Priest -- that's on a whole 'nother level. Have you had Shake Shack? They make my favourite burger of all time, and I would say Burger's Priest is very close to that. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9