Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick in RS 320 Fuchsia

on
Friday, May 11, 2012

I bought a tube of Shiseido's Perfect Rouge Lipstick recently — the first non-skincare item I have ever bought from Shiseido. I'm not sure why I hadn't tried any of their make-up products before; maybe it's because I see Shiseido as more of a skincare line, and there are so many other make-up products that get more hype or popularity (for example, Shiseido owns NARS, which is very much a make-up line to me, despite the fact that they do have skincare, and likewise with MAC). I was at The Bay when I saw this colour, and I was like, "I have to have it." The Perfect Rouge line of lipsticks "provides true intense colour with all-day hydration that blends effortlessly for a luxurious finish." Each lipstick comes in a blackened plum metal tube, contains 4 grams of product, and retails for $30.

RS 320 Fuchsia

RS 320 is a medium brightened magenta-fuchsia with a creamy finish and a natural sheen. This is a permanent shade. It goes on smoothly and evenly, and has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. This shade wore really well on my lips, without bleeding or feathering; it wore about six hours before I needed to re-apply. MAC Love Forever! Pro Longwear Lipcreme is slightly lighter, and NARS Schiap is less purple.

I find that this formula keeps my lips feeling soft and hydrated throughout its duration on my lips, and even after it's worn away. It glides on easily, and it never feels heavy. The creamy consistency lends some slip, but I don't find that it slides around. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well this lipstick wore and how comfortable it feels on the lips — both the formula and the shade are absolutely gorgeous. I will pretty much be wearing this all summer. Well worth $30.
5 comments on "Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick in RS 320 Fuchsia"
  1. OMG i was so in love with this line years ago.. I think I had PK somethign something. I can't remember... BUT I do remember the formula being very good. It was smooth and moisturizing and just felt like silk on my lips.

    PS. STOP BUYING THINGS I CAN GIVE YOU MY EMPL DISCOUNT ON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, this might trump YSL's formulas. I find this actually keeps my lips hydrated for the entire duration that it's on, whereas YSL's formulas ended up drying down. Why don't more people talk about this line?!

      And I totally forgot about your discount!!! I will make a list of some other shades I want... ;)

      Delete
  2. I've always thought Shiseido makeup was pretty good (I'm not as fond of their skincare so maybe I just paid better attention to their makeup, lol) and this shade is super pretty. They're kind of pricey though and I suppose not marketed as very trendy or noticeable even. I'm so confused by who owns who now. I know Shiseido also owns Cle de Peau which is like double the price of Shiseido stuff. Maybe by 2050, everyone will be owned by Tom Ford.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're about as pricey as other luxury brands, though, like Lauder, Lancome, Dior, etc. But, agreed, they're definitely not marketed as trendy -- at least in North America. They just don't get a lot of attention; I barely see them in magazines, for example. Weirdly enough, though, Shiseido's available at every department store in Canada, as well as Beauty Boutique and Sephora... So they must be doing well enough!

      Yeah, in cosmetics, every brand is owned by a bigger brand. L'Oreal owns Lancome, Shu Uemura, YSL, Stella McCartney, Giorgio Armani, Ralph Lauren, Maybelline, Kiehl's, Biotherm, Vichy, La Roche-Posay, Garnier, and, of course, their own brand (and tons of haircare brands, too, like Matrix, Redken, Kerastase, etc.). Estee Lauder owns their own brand, as well as MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Origins, La Mer, Jo Malone, Smashbox, Aveda, Bumble and Bumble... And Lauder already owns Tom Ford, lol! ;)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9