NYC — Spring 2012: Miu Miu

on
Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I knew that while I was in New York, I was going to look for a new wallet. My old Marc by Marc Jacobs one is now about five-years-old, and while it's in relatively good shape, it's just getting a little tired and perhaps a bit scuffed up. Now, because I don't often buy wallets, I decided it was something worth splurging on, and I had allotted a certain amount of money in my budget for such a purchase. (Not for, say, a Balenciaga Town bag or a Miu Miu Vitello Lux bag like I wanted.) My mom and I were walking around Soho, so I had stopped by many designer boutiques to look at their wallets, and ended up deciding between the Mulberry Cookie Long Locked Wallet, the Marc Jacobs Hudson Wallet, and the Miu Miu Matelassé Lock Wallet. As you will have guessed by now, the Miu Miu ultimately won out.

Miu Miu Matelassé Lock Wallet

Miu Miu Matelassé Lock Wallet

Miu Miu Matelassé Lock Wallet

They had several colour options, but I ended up deciding on black shiny calfskin leather with brass hardware. Classic with an edge, and in a colour that I won't regret. The price tag sort of totally made me cringe as I had never bought any designer items that were not on sale before, but I figure I will use it for years to come, so the cost per use will be low...

I'm totally in love with it.


Miu Miu
100 Prince Street
New York, NY 10012
(212) 334-5156
6 comments on "NYC — Spring 2012: Miu Miu"
  1. Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, Kat. :) I love it, too! <3

      Delete
  2. I've spent a lot of money on bags and shoes before but never wallets. I ALWAYS balk at paying for something that stores money. Like, I'll never bank with a bank that charges me fees for transactions. I like your choice though. It's very you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or because the wallet won't have any money to hold because you spent so damn much on said wallet?

      Yeah, that's how it is for me right now. :P

      But the way I see it is, I carry my wallet everywhere with me and it's the one constant in my life, accessories-wise. I'll always change my shoes and bags and clothes, but my wallet's always the same. So I figure, why not get a nice one?

      And thank you, I love it so much! My mom was like, "I knew you would pick that one. It's your style." So I guess it is!

      Delete
  3. I'm quite partial to the Mulberry Cookie, but definitely think this one suits you more! It's edgier. Great purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! The Mulberry Cookie was the first one I actually went in to see and I was SO TEMPTED to buy it right then and there. But my mom was like, "You have all day to look at wallets, why don't you browse around some other stores and see if you still like this one?"

      Why do moms have to be right all the time?

      But ultimately, the Cookie is much more delicate and girly -- definitely not my style, even though it's super-cute.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9