Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer in Saint-Tropez

on
Thursday, May 10, 2012

Phew! Now that I'm done with all of my NYC posts, I can go back to my regularly scheduled program. Which, of course, means nail polish! Before I headed to New York, I stopped by my local Dior counter to check out their newly released Croisette collection for Summer 2012. There are two shades of nail lacquer released with this collection, but only one interested me: Saint-Tropez. It is a re-promoted shade, having been released last summer, but it sold out so fast the first time around that I didn't even have a chance to look at it, much less buy it. Each nail polish comes in Dior's signature clear square bottles with logo embossed silver caps. It contains 10 ml of product in total, and retails for $24.


Saint-Tropez is a is a light-medium aqua-blue with teal undertones in a cream finish. It goes on smoothly and evenly, with no streaking, bubbling, or pulling. It has high pigmentation and goes opaque in one medium-thick coat. Dior's nail lacquers come with a wider, thicker, and more tapered brush, which can be good or bad, depending on your nail size and shape and how you apply your nail polish. Given the easy-to-use formula, I actually find that this brush works really well — it coats my nail bed really smoothly and evenly so there's little room for error. Chanel's Nouvelle Vague is greener and has shimmer, China Glaze's For Audrey is a bit greener, Zoya's Wednesday is lighter and greener, and OCC's Pool Boy is lighter and bluer. Okay, so there are many more dupes now than there were a year ago. If you're like me, and you're a fiend for aqua, blue, teal, or turquoise nail polishes, you'll find Saint-Tropez a welcome addition to your collection.
6 comments on "Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer in Saint-Tropez"
  1. It's such a pretty Aqua :) Looks really "tiffany blue-ish"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, right? Robin's egg blue is one of my favourite colours of all time, so I'm always drawn to polishes in this shade. :) Whenever my BFF sees this type of colour on my nails, he says, "Oh, swimming pool nails again?" :P

      Delete
  2. That first shot is killer. I swear you make it look better than it actually does in person!

    That's it, I'm getting this. I've bent over backwards for everybody for 1.5 months and deserve a break. Bikini looks kind of boring by comparison so I can safely ignore that. Right, Denise???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's just because of the natural lighting!!! Everything looks better in natural light. :D

      YES, LIZ. You deserve to treat yourself!!!

      Delete
    2. YES, Liz, TREAT 'YOSELF!

      And that is TOO PRETTYYY!!!! I'm trying so hard not to buy anything because of my upcoming trips. It's killing me *chicken voice** wahh-wahhh

      Delete
    3. LOL, dare you to use your chicken voice at work...

      Where ya goin'???

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9