Buffalo — Spring 2012: Target

on
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
I think it's physically impossible for me to go to Buffalo without making a trip to Target. With my parents waiting in the car and ten minutes for me to shop, I picked up some last-minute goodies:

Pop Beauty Nail Glam in Raw, Aquatic Glitz, and Violet Glitz

Method Foaming Hand Wash in Coconut Grove, Daffodil Bouquet, Juicy Pear, and Waterfall

100% Acetone Nail Polish Remover

EOS Everyday Hand Lotion in Original, Cucumber, and Berry Blossom

Nothing too exciting, just picked up some things that either I can't find in Toronto or are much cheaper in the States (the EOS hand lotion is something like $9 here, and it's $4 over there!). I would've bought like, a case of that nail polish remover if I could, though. Apparently, 100% acetone nail polish remover isn't available in Canada (you can get 100% acetone for non-cosmetic purposes, but not with Bitrex in nail polish remover form), and it's seriously the most effective product in taking off the most ridiculous glitter nail polishes (soak cotton pad, wrap around nail, comes off in a minute). It's really bad for your nails, but I don't have half an hour to take off nail polish (actually, it has taken me up to 45 minutes to take off glitter nail polish before, which is just... unacceptable). And, of course, I had to pick up some of my favourite Method hand wash, in some scents that don't seem to be available here. Had I had more than ten minutes, I reckon I would've left with a lot more stuff. I just hope that when Target finally opens in Canada next year, they carry the same stuff as in the States.


Target
1750 Walden Avenue
Cheektowaga, NY 14225
(716) 896-0493
10 comments on "Buffalo — Spring 2012: Target"
  1. Um, this looks plenty exciting to me! Honestly, we have a problem. Stocking up for cheap feels SO GOOD.

    Never tried 100% acetone and didn't know it wasn't sold here! I just do that foil wrap trick and try not to scrape off the top layer of my nails. But it's also been months since I've applied a glittery polish...

    I feel certain that Target here will sell at unjustified inflated price like everywhere else but will make up for it with new brands and bulk value merits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DOESN'T IT? I get such a thrill at buying awesome things for cheap...

      100% acetone is sold in Canada, but it's usually for like, stripping paint. :P I used it in my prosthetics class in make-up school to melt off rubber. I used to dread putting on glitter nail polish because it was such a bitch to take off, but since using the 100% acetone, I use glitter without abandon. :P The foil wrap trick is really good, too, but still more time-consuming!

      Agreed -- the inflated prices probably won't stop me from buying WAY TOO MANY THINGS.

      Delete
  2. Would it be horrible to use 100% from a hardware store? O_o I've never used either kind before, but to me isn't 100% acetone....100% acetone? lol The only difference being the packaging? How much were those bottles? <-SO MANY QUESTIONS! :D

    Watches of the glitter POP Beauty polishes please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nail polish remover version, I find, is slightly less harsh than the hardware store kind -- at least, when I compare the bottle I have from my prosthetics class from make-up school (which is regular 100% acetone) and the nail polish remover. I remember in prosthetics class, that shit would literally melt my nail polish off, without even rubbing. But they both do the job effectively, lol. The bottles were $1.29 each, so either way, I'm not spending a lot!

      And yes, I will post swatches of them soon. :)

      Delete
    2. What a bargain at #1.29! I need to get some!
      How many ml are they?

      Delete
    3. I bought them on sale -- I think they're regularly $1.99 or something? Still a bargain, though! You get 473ml.

      Delete
  3. I'm too chicken to use Acetone so I end up sitting down and rubbing the nail polish remover soaked cotton pad for about 20 - 30 seconds for each nail.

    I love Target. I used to go there all the time back when I was living in Australia. The best part about Target there was that the prices were always discounted such that whatever you picked up, when it was rung up at the cash register, it would always be cheaper than the price tag. Talk about motivation to buy :)

    The only downside is that in the few US cities I have visited, their Targets are always outside of the city and it's too much of a hassle to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew there was Target outside of the US!!! But, yes, Target is like Wal-Mart, so it's always in the suburbs. Each store is so big, there would never be a place big enough to open a Target in a metropolitan city.

      Haha, that never happens for me at Target (where the prices are cheaper at check-out than on the price tag), but it's probably because most of my purchases are cosmetics-related. :P

      Do you only use acetone-free polish remover, then?

      Delete
  4. From what I have gathered, Target's prices will be similar to Walmart Canada's prices.

    I buy 100% Acetone from Walmart! It's really cheap and located in the cotton balls section in Cosmetics. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Onyx-Professional-Nail-Polish-Remover-Maximum-Strength-100-Pure-Acetone-16-fl-oz/11047134

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT! How have I never seen it??? Maybe I just wasn't looking or something. To be fair, I don't go to Wal-Mart often. Thanks for letting me know, though, so I know where to go next time!!! :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9