Topshop Powder Blush in Powdered and Pop

on
Monday, April 23, 2012

If you read about my Topshop haul a few weeks ago, you'll know that I picked up two of their powder blushes among a few other items. Topshop is huge in the UK and I know many bloggers and "YouTube beauty gurus" from there have talked and raved about Topshop's make-up line for ages. But it doesn't seem to be very well-known in Canada, probably due to the lack of stores here (Topshop is exclusive to The Bay in Canada, and within Toronto, only two of the locations sell Topshop — of the two, I believe only the Yorkdale location carries the cosmetics line). I finally decided to post a review after testing these for a couple weeks. Their blushes are packaged in a white plastic mirrored compact featuring black dots on the top. Each compact contains 5 grams of product, and retails for $13.

Powdered and Pop

Powdered and Pop

Powdered is a medium blue-toned cotton candy pink in a matte finish. It has a really soft, silky texture. It goes on smoothly and evenly, with high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It blends out and builds up effortlessly without being too powdery. It is brighter and cooler than MAC Pink Swoon, and is slightly lighter than both NARS Angelika and Tarte Adored.
Pop is a medium bright coral-orange with pink undertones in a matte finish. It has a really soft, silky texture. It goes on smoothly and evenly, with intense pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It blends out and builds up effortlessly without being too powdery. It is much more orange than MAC Fleur Power, and more pink than Illamasqua Excite.

How have I not used Topshop's blushes before these?! Everything about these are phenomenal: the texture, the pigmentation, the colour pay-off. And for $13 a pop? I consider these a complete steal. Something tells me that I am going to need every single shade in Topshop's line...
2 comments on "Topshop Powder Blush in Powdered and Pop"
  1. Pop looks great! I hope the price remains steady and doesn't inflate when I'm ready to be a blush whore again next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hope so, too. The amount of self-control you have is really admirable. A year without buying a new blush is... pretty much impossible for me. :P

      And, yes, Pop is gorgeous. It builds up to be really clown cheek-y, but if you use it really softly, it's a gorgeous peach colour. I'm loving this for Spring/Summer!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9