China Glaze & The Hunger Games: Capitol Colours Nail Lacquer in Agro

on
Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Even though the hype around The Hunger Games is slowly coming to an end, I finally got around to trying out the last of the five shades I bought from China Glaze's The Hunger Games Capitol Colours collection. As I mentioned before, I don't think these colours are really suited to this time of year, but if you're not one of those people who has to wear pastels in the spring and brights in the summer (or you don't care about trends in general), then these are definitely for you. I, for one, will rock this year round.


Agro is a dark rich olive green with olive-gold shimmer and metallic threading throughout. This shade is named for District 11 for agriculture. The consistency of this shade isn't too thick or thin, and it goes on smoothly and evenly without bubbling, streaking, or pulling. It almost goes opaque in one coat, but two will make it perfect. Surprisingly, I don't have a lot of shades that are similar to this. It has much more of a golden undertone than Julep's Stefani, and is like the direct mix of MAC's Fatigues and Immortal Gold.

This is by far my favourite stand-alone shade from the entire collection (though it also looks amazing with Luxe & Lush on top of it). It looks absolutely stunning on its own, and is especially gorgeous in daylight, where the golden shimmer and metallic threads really pop. If you're going to buy just one shade from the China Glaze Capitol Colours collection, this is the one you should get. The warmth of the gold and the coolness of the dark olive green will suit every skintone from fair to dark, and every undertone from cool to warm. It has a good consistency, easy application, and great pigmentation — the three things we've come to expect from China Glaze.
4 comments on "China Glaze & The Hunger Games: Capitol Colours Nail Lacquer in Agro"
  1. This shade is gorgeous, looks nice on your skintone.

    I just need to grow my fingernails now. Might not have been a very wise idea to cut them really short.

    Hope you're well, Miss D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fieran! It would look gorgeous on yours, too, I know it! Do you have this one?

      Haha, eat cheese and drink milk! I hate it when my nails are too short. Two weeks, I cut just ONE of my nails WAY too short and it fucking HURT. I totally clipped the meat. :( And it looked all wonky and like, shorter than all my other nails. Had to wait for that sucker to grow longer than my other nails...

      You, too, Fieran! :)

      Delete
    2. I have it :) It's one of the 5 I got from the Capitol range.

      Milk and cheese? Thanks for the tip. I'll try :)

      Delete
    3. Oooh, what other four did you get? I know you got Smoke & Ashes but I don't remember the others...

      And yeah, anything that has a lot of calcium in it is great for nail growth. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9