Stila Love at First Sight Blush Palette

on
Thursday, March 29, 2012

On that same trip to Shoppers Drug Mart when I bought Benefit's Hervana blush, I had picked up a second blush 'cause, you know, you can never have too much blush (at least, in my world). While I had actually gone to Shoppers actively looking for Hervana, I totally picked up Stila's Love at First Sight Blush Palette on a whim. (Yes, I'm very much an impulse shopper, if you didn't already know.) I missed out on Stila's heart-patterned blush last year (called "Make Me Blush") even though it was ridiculously adorable, so you know I had to have this one (or so I tell myself). It's a limited edition product that Stila released around Valentine's Day (I think?), so I assume it will be available until vendors sell out of it. Each blush comes in a square black plastic compact with "xoxo, Stila" stamped in gold on the clear lid. It comes with a total of 6.2 grams of product, and retails for $18 wherever Stila is sold.

Top colour, middle colour, bottom colour, and all three colours mixed

The Love at First Sight Blush Palette features three different shades incorporated into a heart-patterned design. The top shade is a light soft lavender pink with shimmer, the middle shade is a light-medium cool-toned pink with shimmer, and the bottom shade is a medium-dark cool-toned berry pink with shimmer. When mixed together, they create a soft muted medium cool-toned pink with shimmer. Because the surface area of the blush is fairly big, you can choose to just use the top and middle shades together or the middle and bottom shades together, creating two varying looks. The powder is soft and finely milled, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium pigmentation and semi-opaque buildable colour pay-off. The shade created from mixing all three colours together is like a softer and shimmery version of MAC Dame; it is much lighter than MAC Coygirl, and slightly darker than MAC Well Dressed.

This blush definitely leans on the cooler side, so those who prefer warmer or peachier undertones to pink blushes probably won't reach for this. I personally don't have a preference between cool or warm undertones in my colour make-up, though those with cooler undertones in their complexion may prefer the shades in this blush, while those with warmer undertones might feel like this blush won't work as well with their complexion as a warmer blush would. Either way, the texture of the this is really nice — it goes on smoothly and blends out really well, but also builds up well so you can play around with the intensity of the shade(s). And at $18, it's one of the more affordable blushes from a higher end brand.
2 comments on "Stila Love at First Sight Blush Palette"
  1. I love the heart pattern on the blush, it's so cute. And it swatches beautifully too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, the heart pattern totally sucked me in! But I actually really love this blush; it goes on so smooth and blends out well. :) And it actually warms up quite a bit on my skintone, so it looks more neutral than cool-toned on me!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9