Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Bossy Boots

on
Sunday, January 29, 2012

The second colour I decided to try from Butter London's Spring/Summer 2012 collection was Bossy Boots. It's a pale pistachio green (more like pistachio gelato, really) in a cream finish. It has a slightly thicker texture than Butter London's usual cream formula, so it can be prone to pulling and applying more streaky, but it does go opaque in two coats. I personally love colours like this for Spring, since you know I have a thing for greens. I like that Butter London decided not to go the mint green route (which has been really overdone) and made this distinctly more pistachio (e.g. yellow-based). I initially thought there'd be more dupes, but the closest I have found is Essie's Da Bush, which is darker and much more grey, and Illamasqua's Milf, which is more blue-based (closer to mint green). Bossy Boots is surprisingly neutral and will work well on all skintones and undertones, so if you like green shades or want to try the green nail polish trend but want to keep it more subtle, this is fantastic.
2 comments on "Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Bossy Boots"
  1. Oh man, I want this, too! I'm not a big fan of pale minty shades but this one sits perfectly between warm and cool. That's it, it's a done deal. Going hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's actually a really pretty shade. I love mint green, but got kind of bored with it, so pistachio green it is! :) It actually reminds me of like... Melona bars. God, I love Melona.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9