MAC Glitter & Ice: Nail Lacquers

on
Friday, October 28, 2011

MAC released the first part of their holiday launch yesterday, called Glitter & Ice. The collection promotional display features Olympic figure skater, Johnny Weir. Glitter & Ice will see the release of 34 products. There are three shades of Nail Lacquer being released, of which I will be featuring two. Each Nail Lacquer contains 10 ml of product, comes in limited edition glossy white packaging, and retails for $19.

Festive Finery

Festive Finery is a dark greyed purple in a Cream finish. It applied smoothly and evenly, and went opaque in two coats. This is one of the better shades MAC has come out with recently, as MAC's nail polishes tend to streak and need at least three coats to achieve opacity. It's like a cream version of Chanel's Paradoxal.

Unconditionally Fabulous (layered over Festive Finery)

Unconditionally Fabulous is a clear base with multi-coloured circular and hexagonal glitter. It's a thinner consistency, so it would probably require three or four coats for opacity, but I find this type of glitter is meant to be layered on top of another colour. It is very similar to China Glaze's Snow Globe.

Both shades are really lovely for the holidays. Festive Finery covers the dark nail trend for fall and winter, whereas Unconditionally Fabulous covers the glitter trend (and it's just so damn pretty!). I would personally layer Unconditionally Fabulous over cooler colours like blue or green, because the glitter seems to have predominantly cooler colours (even though it's multi-coloured). But the glitter has this iridescent pastel-ish kind of look to it, which reminds me of snow or snow globes; very appropriate for the holidays! I would say both are unique enough to be worth buying.
5 comments on "MAC Glitter & Ice: Nail Lacquers"
  1. Unconditionally Fabulous layered over Festive Finery....

    I DIE, I DIEEEEEE.

    This combo is almost too gorgeous for words. Screw the fact that I just bought 5 polishes this week and I only have space for 2 more in my nail polish drawer. There two are going to be those "2 more"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Lindsay! I do agree, they're both really worth getting. And with Unconditionally Fabulous... The combinations are endless! I'm pretty much going to be putting it on top of every colour, lol.

    Which five polishes did you buy? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traditionally I've always picked up at least one MAC polish from each new collection but decided to stop some time ago. Now I'm feeling torn again!! Stop taking such good pics, Denise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I've nominated you for a "blog award" in my new post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, Liz, seriously, the polishes from this collection are actually pretty awesome. The third shade is a bright red, which I've disregarded 'cause it's not unique at all (though it is classic and festive)... but Unconditionally Fabulous is a MUST-HAVE. God, I love glitter...

    And thank you so much for the nomination! I'm totally flattered. :D

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9