Lush Big Shampoo

on
Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'd never used Lush's shampoos before, but I was interested in trying a more natural hair product, so I went into the store to inquire about them. After I told the salesgirl that I had a dry, sensitive scalp and dull hair prone to frizz, she recommended Big. Big contains raw sea salt, fresh sea water, fresh lime and lemon juice, seaweed, extra virgin coconut oil, neroli oil, and mandarin oil. The sea salt and sea water soften and maintain moisture in skin, and sea salt is also a natural antiseptic, so it also purifies, de-greases the skin, and removes dead skin cells and dirt. The lime juice provides high shine, the lemon juice cleanses and de-greases hair, and the seaweed helps strengthen and further soften hair. The texture of the shampoo is very much like a body scrub, which may turn some people off. As a result, it comes in a tub rather than a bottle, and you have to scoop out the product rather than squeeze it out as you would regular shampoo. A 330g container retails for $24.95.


At first I was a little hesitant to put a scrub on my scalp, let alone my hair. But I digressed after realizing that the sea salt almost instantly dissolves upon contact with water. I use about a teaspoon for my medium-to-long hair, and it produces a really nice lather, which surprised me considering the texture of the shampoo. The smell of this product is probably my favourite scent of all the Lush products I've tried; it's very fresh and citrusy and kind of beachy, and not overwhelming at all. I've been using the shampoo for about three weeks now, and it really has left my hair much softer and shinier than before, even without the aid of styling products. I haven't noticed a significant amount of volume, mostly because I already have thick, coarse hair, but I have noticed a lift at the roots. I do recommend using a good conditioner with this shampoo, only because the salt can dry hair out (similar to swimming in ocean water). Then again, I've never shampooed my hair without using conditioner, so this really is a moot point for me. I would definitely re-buy this for the scent alone, but the fact that it makes my hair feel softer and healthier makes it infinitely worthier.
2 comments on "Lush Big Shampoo"
  1. Make sure you don't use it on a daily basis because it will definately dry out your hair - which happened to me. :( I like to mix in a little bit of "Cynthia Sylvia Stout" which is their other shampoo and used once a week, I think my hair look really great when I go out. Oh! Make sure your hair is really wet before you put BIG on, I think that's the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Irene! I totally agree with you about not using this on a daily basis -- I currently switch between this and two other shampoos (a prescription one and Kerastase). I find this one is great for purifying/clarifying, especially after I use styling products. :)

    I usually saturate my hair through with water, spread this stuff on, and dip my head back under the water before massaging it through my hair to create a super-fluffy lather. :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9