The Keg

on
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
I met up with Jaime at The Keg for her birthday over the past weekend. We were super full by the time we finished our entrées, but were too tempted by the dessert menu, so we each got the mini dessert trio:

Passion fruit crème brûlée

Strawberry shortcake with strawberry coulis

Chocolate fudge brownie s'mores

The crème brûlée was good, with the custard being really smooth and silky, and the burnt sugar was just crispy enough, but I think I would have preferred it if it wasn't passion fruit-flavoured, and if the custard was warmer. The strawberry shortcake was quite delightful, fluffy and light, but the strawberry syrup was too sweet, and I thought they should've added more actual strawberries. The s'mores were also good, but I would have preferred them without the brownies, to be honest. It was almost too much chocolate? And I would have liked the marshmallows to be a little more melty. Overall, they were decent and a nice mix in terms of flavours and textures, but they won't replace Billy Miner Pie as my favourite dessert at The Keg.
2 comments on "The Keg"
  1. :D

    btw, you should try the coconut creme pie at scaramouche, its considered the best in TO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I need to try so many restaurants in TO! So much food, so little time!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9