Lush Ocean Salt Body Scrub

on
Friday, July 29, 2011

My Lush haul from this week included a tub of their Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub. Ocean Salt is made of sea salt, fresh lime extracted in vodka, lemon and grapefruit juices, avocado butter, coconut, and violet leaf and seaweed absolute. Lime is used as an antibacterial agent, and the vodka helps with blocked pores, blackheads, and blemishes. The minerals found in sea salt softens skin, though the abrasive quality of it helps with dirt and blockages. The avocado and coconut help keep the skin soft and hydrated, and the violet leaf calms the skin. The scent of this product is something that I'm kind of indifferent to. It's mostly citrusy and also kind of herbal, but there is that lingering aroma of vodka that makes it almost slightly bitter. It doesn't bother me, but I can see it not appealing to others.


Firstly, I must note that I use Ocean Salt only for the body because I feel that the coarse sea salt is too rough for my face, so I don't know the effect it has on facial skin. The main reason I picked up this product is because I have keratosis pilaris (KP) on the back of my arms, and I wanted to use a fairly abrasive scrub that would help with the texture and appearance of the bumps, and my co-worker suggested this one. I usually scoop up about a tablespoon of the concoction, spread it on my arms, and scrub with my hands for about a minute on each arm. After four consecutive uses once a day, I have found that the back of my arms do feel much smoother, and are significantly less red. I do, of course, follow up with a good moisturizer, but so far, this scrub is working quite nicely for my KP without irritating it at all. The scrub will set you back $30.95 for a large (250g) tub, but it's been worth it for me and my purposes so far.
3 comments on "Lush Ocean Salt Body Scrub"
  1. Gah I wish more and more that we would have LUSH over here in Finland, only thing we have is the Body Shop. Im not saying that BS isnt good, its lovely, but I really want to try out some Lush stuff :)
    It reminds me a bit of my foot salt that Ive bought at The Body Shop, only that one is pink :)
    Its has a very strong scent of peppermint and it does WONDERS to your feet :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna! Thanks for visiting! I'm surprised you don't have a Lush over there -- since it's a UK-based company, I would've thought they'd have expanded all over Europe! Apparently, the first country they successfully expanded in outside of the England was Canada, which is probably why they're everywhere here... But it's definitely worth checking out if you ever find a store somewhere. :P

    The Body Shop is great, but the biggest difference is that every single Lush product is actually handmade as well as fair-trade and eco-friendly (and I think 60% of the products are vegan as well!), whereas I think The Body Shop is just fair-trade... I could be wrong, though. I actually find Lush to be more popular here than The Body Shop! Or, at least Lush always seems to be busier, lol.

    And I've totally used that peppermint foot scrub -- it's awesome! Totally refreshing and great after a long day of work (for me, that's eight hours on my feet). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna: I think Lush UK ships to Finland. Before Oslo got a Lush store, that's how I got my stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9