YSL Volupté Sheer Candy Glossy Balm: #4 Succulent Pomegranate and #6 Luscious Cherry

on
Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I stopped by Murale to redeem some points I got from the 20x Optimum points event at Shoppers Drug Mart over the weekend, and finally got the opportunity to grab a couple of Yves Saint Laurent's new Volupté Sheer Candy Glossy Balm Crystal Color lipsticks. They actually came out last month at Sephora and select department stores, but I held off, wanting to take advantage of the Optimum points program. Murale only had four of the six shades in stock, so I picked up two shades, #4 Succulent Pomegranate and #6 Luscious Cherry.

#6 Luscious Cherry and #4 Succulent Pomegranate

The formula on these is really gorgeous: lightweight, semi-sheer, smooth, and hydrating. I actually find these to be more hydrating (e.g. leaves lips softer) and thus more balm-like than both Chanel's Rouge Coco Shines and Dior's new Addicts, though the actual finish and look of YSL's Volupté Sheer Candy lipsticks is similar to the two. I find that the packaging, in elegant and weighty silver tubes with the logo in classic gold, screams, "Luxury!" more than the other two, though. Each Volupté Sheer Candy lipstick contains 4 grams of product and retails for $38 a pop (which is why I'm glad I got them for free!).

#6 Luscious Cherry and #4 Succulent Pomegranate

#4 Succulent Pomegranate is a semi-sheer bright watermelon pink in a glossy finish. Its red undertones makes it wearable for both warm and cool undertones, though I find that the sheerness of the product makes it harder to show on darker skintones. #6 Luscious Cherry is a semi-sheer cherry red with subtle golden shimmer in a glossy finish. I actually found it to be a fairly neutral red, so this shade is also great for both warm and cool undertones, but again, the sheerness won't read as well on darker skintones. This is a great shade for those who want to try the red lip trend but don't want to go too dramatic. The result of both looks like a popsicle-stained lip; very cute and summery. They are both scented in a fruity aroma, though I can't quite put my finger on which fruit (maybe mango or papaya), and are taste-free. Those with particularly picky noses might be turned off from this lipstick for that reason, but the formula is gorgeous enough to overlook it.
2 comments on "YSL Volupté Sheer Candy Glossy Balm: #4 Succulent Pomegranate and #6 Luscious Cherry"
  1. Oh crap, did you already go? LOL ignore my email then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, no worries, if I go to Murale again, I will grab your stuff. It's very likely that I will go again in the next week or so. :) As for eye make-up removers, which ones have you tried so far that you didn't like? Also, do you wear waterproof make-up?

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9