Marc Jacobs Ginger Cocktail Splash

on
Monday, June 27, 2011

Marc Jacobs has released three new "splash" fragrances for the summer, all inspired by cocktails: Curacao, Cranberry, and Ginger. All three smell lovely, but I have found my ultimate summer fragrance in Ginger. It is described as a "citrus, spicy, refreshing" fragrance and contains notes of "ginger, nutmeg, cognac oil, grandilla, gernaium bourbon, rhubarb, sandalwood, amber crystals, and musks." It's definitely one of those scents that smells different on everyone's skin, but on mine, it smells like lemons and ginger ale but the slight spiciness cuts the sweetness, and the subtle muskiness makes it smell almost unisex. What I love about it is that it's first and foremost a very fresh-smelling fragrance, even as it dries down. The lightness of it (it says it's an Eau de Toilette, though it seems lighter, hence the term "splash") keeps it from being cloying, which is essential in the summer, when heat and sweat can alter a fragrance so much. Moreover, I like the simplicity of the packaging, from the rectangular bottle to the black-and-white label. It retails for $85, but at a whopping 300 ml, who can really complain?
2 comments on "Marc Jacobs Ginger Cocktail Splash"
  1. How's curacao????

    I really wanna get a summery perfume, but do I really need one? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curacao was actually the one that intrigued me first, because it smells kind of sweet and aquatic... But it didn't translate quite as well on my skin. It's still nice, don't get me wrong, but I found that the other two (Ginger and Cranberry) smelled nicer on me.

    And, yes. Yes, you do. ;)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9