MAC Surf, Baby!: Nail Lacquer

on
Sunday, May 29, 2011

MAC's Surf, Baby! collection sees the release of two new and limited edition shades of Nail Lacquer. I only picked up Ocean Dip, because I felt that Hangin' Loose (pink beige) was too much of a common colour (easily dupeable) and ultimately wasn't worth buying for myself since I rarely ever wear nude shades to begin with. Though, if you're a fan of neutral shades and nude nails, I would take a look at Hangin' Loose. Each Nail Lacquer comes with 10 ml of product, and retails for $18.


Ocean Dip is a bright blue-teal in a Cream finish. The formula is on the watery side so it is prone to streaking a bit, but it goes opaque in two medium coats. I personally prefer waterier nail polishes to thicker, goopier shades, because I get more control. You can always layer nail polishes to get optimal opacity, but it's hard to thin out a thick polish. I get really good control with MAC's nail polish brush, so I didn't really have any problems with application. I also found that the drying time on this polish to be rather fast – I waited less than five minutes before I put on a second coat. I personally love vibrant nail polish shades, especially for summer, so Ocean Dip is a win for me.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9