Pizza Pizza Half Moon Cheesy Bread

on
Saturday, March 12, 2011

Shawn and I decided to have a Studio Ghibli movie marathon (Grave of the Fireflies, My Neighbor Totoro, and Ponyo). Then we got hungry and decided to go to Pizza Pizza, since that's the closest eatery to Shawn's house. I didn't really want pizza, so I decided to order the new Half Moon Cheesy Bread (named so because of the supposed half-circle shape). It's essentially garlic bread sticks laid out side-by-side and topped with cheese, so of course it was good, but I actually prefer their regular garlic toast with cheese. There was almost too much garlic (can you just imagine the dragon breath afterward?), and I prefer a much higher cheese-to-garlic ratio. In the toast version, the garlic is used in a garlic butter and spread out onto the toast so that it's evenly melted and infused within the bread. In the Half Moon variety, the garlic is just clumped all on top, so you get actual bites of minced garlic (that isn't evenly distributed so, hello, garlic overload). I think I will just stick to my garlic toast next time. Why mess with a classic, you know? (I really, honestly, had not put this much thought into garlic bread until this post.)
3 comments on "Pizza Pizza Half Moon Cheesy Bread"
  1. Pizza Hut > Pizza Pizza. Always.


    Anyway, I went to Five Guys with my bf and, ZOMG, best burger evahh!


    The beef patty was SUPER moist and the buns were sooo soft. I was so glad that they don't serve their burgers in hard buns (he he he) because nothing is worse than eating a cheeseburger with hard buns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Pizza Hut > Pizza Pizza." -- AGREED. It's too bad Pizza Hut isn't open later, though, 'cause their garlic cheesy bread is probably the best I've ever had. Like, it doesn't even compare to Pizza Pizza.

    Ooooh, where's Five Guys???

    ReplyDelete
  3. And they really should have more locations. There used to be one on Yonge St. just north of Doncaster, but that place 'mysteriously' burnt down.

    Their garlic bread with or without cheese is SO yummy!!

    Five Guys is located at 2116 Burnhamthorpe Road West in Mississauga. Take the 401 to 403 then exit Erin Mills.. it's in the same plaza as Walmart.

    I only wanted to try it out because of Guy Fieri, but am so glad we drove out there. Just wish it wasn't so out of the way.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9