MAC Peacocky

on
Monday, January 17, 2011

I finally got my order of MAC's Peacocky collection (it was originally released on January 6). Peacocky sees the release of two new limited edition products: Kissable Lipcolour and Mega Metal Shadow. Of the twelve shades available, I picked up six tubes of Kissable Lipcolor: Scandelicious (bright medium fuchsia pink), Exxxhibitionist (bright reddened coral), So Vain (soft peach coral), Super (medium beige nude), Temper Tantra (medium red-based beige brown), and Flaunting It (pink-based mauve-plum).

The formula is beautiful: smooth, creamy, lightweight, and opaque. The consistency is thin to thin-medium, and it's completely non-sticky and non-drying (it wears very comfortably). It's stays on like a lipstick but has a glossy finish, like a liquid lipstick. Like all of MAC's lip products, these are vanilla-scented. There's a shade for everyone, so I definitely recommend picking up a shade or two. This is definitely one of my favourite lip formulas. I hope they make these permanent.


Of the fifteen available, I picked up six shades of Mega Metal Shadow: Noir Plum (dark purple-violet with silver pearl), Ego (deep forest green with soft gold metallic sheen), Centre Stage (rich molten chocolate with bronze metallic sheen), Sexpectations (rich berry burgundy with soft pink-red metallic sheen), Tweet Me (peachy melon with peach-gold metallic sheen), and Spectacle of Yourself (rich bronze with copper-bronze metallic sheen). I definitely would have picked more more shades if I wasn't on a budget.

The formula of these eyeshadows is phenomenal: buttery smooth, richly pigmented, and extremely blendable. They are most similar to Veluxe Pearl finishes from the permanent range, or to the Starflash finishes that came out in 2008. While there are plenty of colour dupes within MAC's permanent range, I would highly recommend picking up the Mega Metal Shadow if you don't have similar colours at home. They are more expensive ($23.50 vs. $17.50), but you also get more than double the amount of product than a regular eyeshadow. Like the Kissable Lipcolours, I hope these become permanent as well.
2 comments on "MAC Peacocky"
  1. Kissable Lipcolour is non-sticky and non-drying? Hallelujah!

    I really want to get So Vain and Super as well as Sexpectations (rawwwr!) and Centre Stage, but cannot for budgetary reasons. Have been avoiding walking by the MAC store at Yorkdale like it's Zanzibar because I'd be way too tempted to buy so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know what you mean - I wouldn't have gotten so many shades if I didn't get 60% off! :P

    But I would pick up at least one shade of each; the formulas are too gorgeous to pass up!

    I'm gonna be in trouble for the MAC + Wonder Woman collection. :(

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9