Couch Potato, Part II

on
Saturday, January 29, 2011
So, HMV, Best Buy, and Amazon.ca are having great deals on DVDs and Blu-ray right now, and I just had to get in on the sales. I know, I know, I only bought about a million movies earlier this month, but I just couldn't resist...

On DVD: Paris Je T'aime for $9.99, Pulp Fiction for $9.99, Kick Ass for $9.99, The Men Who Stare at Goats for $9.99, The Princess Bride for $7.99, Mulan (Special Edition) for $26.99 (okay, so this one wasn't really on sale, but it's a Disney classic that I need to add to my collection before Disney stops production of it)

On Blu-ray: The Social Network for $19.99 (cheapest price I've seen for this movie on Blu-ray), Despicable Me for $19.99 (also the cheapest price I've seen), Pan's Labyrinth for $12.99, and Inglourious Basterds for $12.99

Six Feet Under: The Complete First Season on DVD for $16.99!

My brother had bought me Season 1 of Six Feet Under several years ago for just over $80 on eBay, and that was considered one of the cheaper prices because it was the only season that had been released at the time (TV DVD sets were considered somewhat of a novelty in 2003). I had lent that DVD set to someone and never got it back, nor will I ever see that person again. I didn't want to re-buy it because it's always been quite expensive. So when I saw it on sale for $16.99 (!) at Best Buy, I snatched one up. Yes, you read that right. $16.99. That's cheaper than any other TV DVD set I've ever seen, let alone an HBO box set. Any fans of Six Feet Under who doesn't already own the set needs to pick this up, stat.
6 comments on "Couch Potato, Part II"
  1. Haha I remember when I used to work at Blockbuster and they had the SFU seasons for like $109.99 or something. Can you believe people used to pay that much for DVD's?! MADNESS!

    That being said, it's still my fave show of all time, with Friday Night Lights a close second. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SYDNEY! Where have you been? You need to update your blog more, missy.

    Yeah, SFU used to be ridiculously priced! When my brother found Season 1 on eBay for $80, he was like, "Okay, that's pretty cheap, I'll get that." Oh, man. And I remember $20 for a movie on DVD was considered soooo cheap. And now they have movies for $6. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG yes! I now look at DVD's that are, like, $23.99 and I freak the eff out! Like WHO PAYS THAT MUCH FOR MOVIES ANYMORE?! HONESTLY!

    I will try and update more! How is MAC working out for you?? I think I want to pick up a new eyeshadow to use as a brow colour... can you recommend one for me? I have Concrete and Wedge but it's too dark/light. I want something in between...

    Haha this is makeup consultation at its finest... without the person even being present!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAC is pretty good, I'm sort of hopping from store to store right now. I have an interview for a permanent position this week, though. :) Keep your fingers crossed!

    LOL, Concrete and Wedge are sooo different! How'd you manage to jump from one to the other? Coquette is somewhere in between, though I think it'd be closer to Concrete... It's a mid-tone grey-taupe. :)

    Haha, let me know if you want anything; I just got my MAC Pro renewed (40% off) so I can use it online (and thusly ship it to your address).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I didn't even know they had artists moving from store to store. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I'm sure you'll be amazing in your interview. :)

    Hahahaha, well, to be fair, I didn't pick Wedge for my eyebrows. It was kind of the next non-shimmery brown-ish colour I had so I tried it and it kind of works, but it makes me look kind of fobby. :(

    And yes, I want something definitely closer to Concrete, just not as dark (I usually pick up the colour and then wipe my brush on a Kleenex before applying to my face because it looks TOO intense and dramatic otherwise). Coquette sounds like it might work! How does that compare to something like Espresso?

    AND HOLY SHIT, you get 40% off?! That is amazing! I thought my friend's 30% was good! I am definitely up for that (if you're cool with it)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it's because I'm not in a permanent position with MAC, so any store in the GTA can call me to work for them. And thanks muchly, my interview's on Friday! EEP.

    Haha, definite OH NOES to fobby. Espresso is a dark brown shade, whereas Coquette has a definite grey base to it, so it comes out as taupe. I find Asians should stick to taupe shades because our brows are naturally grey-ish.

    And of course, I don't mind sharing my discount with you! Otherwise I wouldn't have offered. ;) Just let me know. And if you have stuff you know you want, I can order it online for you and ship it to you (shipping is only free for orders over $150, though). Then you can pay me back through an Interac e-mail transfer or something similar. EASY AS PIE!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9