Alexisonfire @ The Sound Academy

on
Thursday, December 16, 2010

Shawn and I went to see Alexisonfire tonight at the Sound Academy. I can't believe it's been nine years since I first saw them live. Tonight must've been my 16th or 17th time seeing them, and I still had a really fun time. A lot has changed in the past nine years, of course: set lists, band members (well, just the drummer), venues, audiences. But they still put on a great live show, and I never get bored seeing them. Highlights for me include: "Boiled Frogs," "Rough Hands," "Happiness by the Kilowatt," "Control," "We Are the Sound," "Midnight Regulations," "Young Cardinals," their cover of Midnight Oil's "The Dead Heart," and, of course, "Pulmonary Archery" (throwback!).

I do wish they had played some more songs from their self-titled album, but I guess they have to cater to their current fans, and I know that a lot of people didn't appreciate their first album as much as their other efforts. It would've also been nice to hear "Get Fighted," just 'cause crowds usually go apeshit during that song. But, still, I had a good fuckin' time.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9