MAC Venomous Villains

on
Thursday, September 30, 2010
I spent a pretty penny on MAC's Venomous Villains collection today, 'cause everyone knows I'm a sucker for limited edition make-up collections. What drew me in was more the colours and textures, because I actually wasn't that impressed with the packaging; the cartoons look kind of cheap, like they were just stuck on the containers by a 4-year-old. But at least they're not actually stickers, like from Dame Edna, where they start peeling off.

From the Maleficent section, I bought:


  • Beauty Powder in Briar Rose (cool bubblegum pink)
  • Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo in My Dark Magic (shimmery fuchsia violet over a blackened purple base with violet blue over a navy black base)
  • Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo in She Who Cares (medium dark blue shimmer over a navy-black base with dirty green and gold over a blackened forest green base)
  • Lipglass in Revenge is Sweet (sheer jelly medium pink with fuchsia micro-shimmer)
  • Nail Lacquer in Bad Fairy (ruby red, molten lava copper, and gold duochrome)
  • Nail Lacquer in Formidable! (teal, blue, violet, and reddened purple duochrome)
  • Nail Lacquer in Mean & Green (burgundy, green, and rose gold duochrome)


  • From the Evil Queen portion, I picked up:


  • Powder Blush in Bite of an Apple (matte bright coral pink)
  • Eyeshadow in Vainglorious (bronzed burgundy frost)
  • Lipstick in Toxic Tale (satin bright neon coral)
  • Lipglass in Strange Potion (soft pink coral with pink shimmer)
  • Lipglass in Hot House (deep fuchsia berry with iridescent fuchsia shimmer)

  • And from the Cruella de Vil section, I snatched up:


  • Lipstick in Innocence, Beware! (Cremesheen semi-opaque pink nude)
  • Lipstick in Heartless (Amplified opaque bright neutral red)
  • Lipglass in Devilishly Stylish (semi-sheer champagne nude with white shimmer)
  • Lipglass in Wicked Ways (semi-opaque brightened cherry red with subtle golden shimmer)

  • The Dr. Facilier part of this collection held no interest for me at all, though I will admit that the Magically Cool Liquid Powder is ridiculously fun to play around with. Most of the single eyeshadows that were released in this collection can easily be duped by MAC's permanent shades, so I only bought Vainglorious because I love Star Violet and Cranberry, and this shade falls in between both. The must-haves from this collection, for me, are definitely the nail polishes and the lip glosses, but Venomous Villains features a ton of different products with a large variety of shades, textures, and finishes, so there's something for everyone. I actually put all of my product on hold with my friends at MAC so I got everything I wanted, but this collection is going to sell out fast, so I would get to a MAC counter ASAP if you're interested in any of it.
    Be First to Post Comment !
    Post a Comment

    EMOTICON
    Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
    Hide Emoticon
    Show Emoticon
    :D
     
    :)
     
    :h
     
    :a
     
    :e
     
    :f
     
    :p
     
    :v
     
    :i
     
    :j
     
    :k
     
    :(
     
    :c
     
    :n
     
    :z
     
    :g
     
    :q
     
    :r
     
    :s
    :t
     
    :o
     
    :x
     
    :w
     
    :m
     
    :y
     
    :b
     
    :1
     
    :2
     
    :3
     
    :4
     
    :5
    :6
     
    :7
     
    :8
     
    :9