Friday Five

on
Friday, October 1, 2010
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What is the best painting you've ever seen in a museum or art gallery? I'd have to say Michelangelo's work on the Sistine Chapel (both the ceiling and The Last Judgment fresco) was the most surreal and memorable, though I guess it doesn't really count as a museum or an art gallery. So, I'd say it's a tie between Botticelli's The Birth of Venus at the Uffizi Gallery in Florence and Van Gogh's Starry Night at the MoMA in New York City.
  2. What was the most interesting display you've seen in a museum setting? I've seen some amazingly crazy installations at MoMA PS1 in New York, but I was totally fascinated by the Terracotta Army in Xi'an, China.
  3. Have you ever been to a children's museum? If so, have you been as a child and/or as an adult? If so, did you find it more interesting as you were older? I don't think I've ever been to one. And if I did, I definitely wasn't aware that it was for children.
  4. What is the most important thing you learned in a museum? Probably different ways of appreciating different types of art. And also not to touch anything.
  5. What is your most memorable trip to a museum? Most of the museums I've been to around the world are pretty memorable. In Paris, there's The Louvre and Musée d'Orsay; in New York City, there's The Met, MoMA, and the Guggenheim.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9