Montreal — Spring 2016: L'Avenue du Plateau

on
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
So on Monday morning, our goal was to go back to L'Avenue for brunch. I mean, surely, they won't be busy on a Monday, right? No. We were wrong. There was still a line-up. Granted, not as long as on Sunday, but still a good two storefronts down from the actual restaurant. My question is, where the fuck are these people coming from? Don't they have work? Or school? I know they aren't all tourists because aside from us and the Irish ladies behind us, everyone spoke French. Maybe everyone was playing hooky, but either way, we decided just to wait since we didn't make it in on Sunday (and honestly, it's not like we had anywhere better to be). And, hey, if that many locals are waiting in line for this place, it's gotta be good, right? We ended up waiting about 45 minutes for a table, which was shitty, but we also had to wait outside in the drizzling rain, which was shittier, but I gotta say, it was totally worth it

Sweet-Savoury-Crunchy Eggs Benedict at Restaurant L'Avenue

After perusing the menu for about ten minutes, I narrowed it down to the Eggs Benedicts, and finally decided to get the Sweet-Savoury-Crunchy option. And I have no regrets whatsoever. It consists of two poached eggs, Black Forest ham, and Swiss cheese on top of panko-crusted, maple syrup-brushed French toast, and then drizzled with hollandaise sauce. And it was so fucking good. It's like, all those things are great separately, but then you put them together, and magic happens. It's exactly as the name implies: the perfect combination of sweet, savoury, and crunchy. You get the best of all worlds. And holy shit, looks are deceiving, because I thought I'd still be hungry after that, but I was ready to burst out of my (very stretchy) leggings after the second piece. I couldn't even finish the potatoes. (And I always finish the potatoes!) Our server was kind of a dick, but I have to admit, this place lives up to all of its hype. Seriously. If you like brunch or you don't like brunch but need something to totally change your mind, you need to come here. 


L'Avenue du Plateau
922 Avenue du Mont-Royal E
Montréal, QC H2J 1X1
(514) 523-8780
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9