Sunday Video Love: Passenger (Live)

on
Sunday, August 2, 2015

I went to see Deftones and Incubus last Wednesday evening at TD Echo Beach, and it was honestly one of the best shows I've been to in a long time. Maybe it was just nostalgia (I've been listening to these bands for over 15 years now, so it really just brought back so many memories from middle school to university), but it just seemed more humble and less showy than a lot of other concerts I've been to recently. Or maybe it was the crowd, who were in the late-20s to early-30s set; people like me, who grew up listening to the bands, rather than obnoxious teens and hipsters. People were moshing and crowdsurfing, and just rocking out and singing along to all the lyrics with no one giving a shit what they looked like — just how a rock show should be. It was such a good concert that I didn't even mind dripping sweat in the 35°C weather (seriously, I think it was the hottest day of the summer so far). To that end, I took only one video during Deftones' set because my phone battery was about to die and also because I was just too busy enjoying their set to film any more (their set spanned their entire discography, and it was just pure bliss to listen to songs from Around the Fur and Adrenaline, which turns 20 this year!). It's of them performing "Passenger," one of my favourite songs off of White Pony, and they got a fan to sing Maynard James Keenan's part. (I love that Deftones, despite being around for so long, will still get a fan to perform with them on stage.) Chino Moreno's voice is as melodic, soaring, and beautiful as ever; proof that after 27 years, this band has still got it.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9