NYC (Fall 2010): Day 2, Menchanko Tei

on
Friday, October 22, 2010

My brother took a break from work and met up with us for lunch at Menchanko Tei. I ordered the lunch special, which includes two rice balls and any noodle dish. I picked salmon and fish roe rice balls, and the Shoyu ramen (slices of pork, bamboo shoots, soft boiled egg, fish cake slices).


It was okay, but not nearly as good as any of the ramen I've eaten in Toronto. The noodles weren't as thick and chewy as I like them, and the broth wasn't particularly special. The pork was thin and on the drier side (they should be thick and fattier), and my "soft" boiled egg was, um, hard boiled. Which is fine, but I prefer soft boiled eggs in ramen. I'm not really a picky eater, though, so I still ate it all, 'cause they're still noodles, and noodles are always awesome and satisfying. And it was quick and relatively cheap (though still expensive, in my opinion, for ramen).
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9