Run Jin: Episode 2 — A Glorious Homecoming

on
Tuesday, August 20, 2024

[Grabbing snacks at the canteen]
Jin, to the staff: "Can I have some money?"
Canteen staff: "Don't worry about it. I'm also a graduate."
Jin: "You're a graduate?"
Canteen staff: "Yeah."
Jin: "This is your treat? Sir… I'm rich, so let me pay."

[Jin walking down the hallway to the classroom]
Students: "You're so handsome!"
Jin: "Of course, of course."
Students: "I love you!"
Jin: "Of course, of course."
Students: "I love you!"
Jin: "Of course, of course."

[After his self-introduction to the class]
Jin: "Which one of you can fight?"
Students, pointing: "That guy!"
Jin: "He's sitting behind my seat."
Teacher: "You can get back to your seat."
Jin: "Can I switch my seat?"

[Taking a seat at his desk]
Teacher: "We have a new student today, but we'll just continue with the class. Page 172, the principle of Hangul grammar."
Jin: "Isn't it break time now?"
Teacher: "It's class time."
Jin: "Oh, sorry."
Teacher: "Should we take a break? We usually start with a song."
Students: "Ohhhhhh, song, song!"
Jin: "There's always one guy who's good at singing."
Students: "Gunwoo, Gunwoo!"
Jin: "Yeah, yeah!"
Teacher: "You want to sing?"
Gunwoo: "No!"
Jin: "Come on! If you're good, I'll tell my agency."
Students: "WHOOAAAAAA!!!"
Jin: "You can't resist this."

[Biggest student approaches Jin to arm wrestle]
Jin: "Yah, how do I win against him?! I can't lose to a high schooler as a 33-year-old!"
Students: "He's weak!"
Jin, showing flexed arm: "Yah, I don't have any muscle at all! Yah, if Jungkook was here, you'd be a goner, you know?"

First of all, Jin is a real trooper for actually agreeing to go back to his alma mater because kids these days are SCARY AF. Second of all, as someone who currently works with mostly Gen Z'ers, I could sadly relate all too much to the "back in my day" statements. Third of all, I wish I had even a quarter of Jin's confidence. If there is anyone who is a pro at superstar-ing, it's Jin. Fourth of all, those boys are going to be bragging about this visit for YEARS. Fifth of all, the Lovely Runner reference at the intro was perfect. Finally, this reminded me that my 20th high school reunion is this year and it's a big NO FUCKING THANK YOU for me. 

Anyway, what a great episode!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9