Tokyo 2024 Travel Log: Day 4 — Visiting Senso-ji Temple

on
Friday, March 22, 2024
One place I really wanted to visit on this trip was Senso-ji Temple. For those who don't know, it is the oldest temple in Tokyo, one of the most significant Buddhist temples in Japan, and is the most widely visited religious site in the world. I didn't get a chance to visit last year because we just couldn't fit it in our schedule, so I was determined to go this time. 

Hozomon Gate

Hozomon Gate

Hozomon Gate

Five-Storied Pagoda and Senso-ji Temple

Senso-ji Temple

Five-Storied Pagoda

Hozomon Gate (North face)

Senso-ji Temple

Statue in front of Senso-ji Temple

A yuzu tree

Senso-ji tsukubai

Senso-ji tsukubai

Nisonbutsu (Two Buddhas)

A flowering tree in full bloom

Garden at Yogo-do Pavilion

Koi pond at Yogo-do Pavilion

Cascade at Yogo-do Pavilion

Bronze Hokyoin-to

Seated Bronze Statue of Amida Nyorai

Seated Bronze Statue of Kannon Bodhisattva

Lantern in front of Hashimoto Yakusi-do Temple

A sakura tree

Nakamise-dori

Lanterns at Nakamise-dori

I'm not religious, but my grandmother was Buddhist and always took me with her to temple when I was a kid, so I've always appreciated the beauty of the religion and its buildings for worship. I know it's one of the most touristy sites in Tokyo, but it is totally worth dodging crowds for. (I did skip most of Nakamise-dori, though. Those crowds are a little too much for me.)


Senso-ji Temple 
2 Chome-3-1 
Asakusa, Taito City 
Tokyo, Japan 〒111-0032 
+81-3-3842-0181
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9