Dining Out: A Szechuan-Style Feast at Hutaoli

on
Friday, June 30, 2023
My brother and sister-in-law are visiting for the long weekend, so my brother asked if there were any interesting restaurants I wanted to try and I suggested Hutaoli, a modern Szechuan-style restaurant.

Spicy braised trotters with potatoes

Fried organic cauliflower with Chinese bacon

House special roast chicken with peanuts

7-second spicy stir-fried beef

Szechuan-style smoked duck

Steamed fish with chopped chili peppers

I don't know if it's just that I don't eat a lot of Szechuan food, but everything we ordered tonight was freaking delicious. Like, not a single dud in any of the dishes we ordered. My mouth was on fire for half the dinner, but it was totally worth it. I'm not sure why it took me so long to try this place (to be fair, it does kinda look like a club from the outside, which is maybe why I was hesitant to enter), but I will definitely be back to try their other dishes (and check out the live band, whose covers of Coldplay and Lorde were awesome!).


Hutaoli 胡桃里音乐酒馆
3760 Highway 7, Unit 1
Markham, ON L3R 0N2
(365) 608-5333
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9