Friday Five: Celebrations

on
Friday, March 3, 2023
This week's Friday Five:

  1. Who was on the other end of your most recent high five? I genuinely can't remember. As it turns out, I don't give a lot of high fives.

  2. To which movies, television shows, albums, or books have you recently given thumbs up? 

    Movies:
    Turning Red, Luca, and J-Hope in the Box 
    Television shows: Soundtrack #1 and Extraordinary Attorney Woo
    Albums: Paramore — This is Why

  3. What's happened to you recently that others would cheer about? Um... I'm going to travel outside of North America for the first time in 18 years! (I'm going to Korea and Japan next month.) That's reason to cheer, right?

  4. What have you most recently and literally clapped for? Snatching up the new LEGO BTS Dynamite set right when it launched on March 1. (It's sold out right now.) It was the same day as the Agust D Tour presale, for which I didn't get a presale code and therefore had absolutely no chance of getting tickets (at regular price), so I was hellbent on getting this BTS LEGO set to help me get over the severe disappointment of not being able to see Min Yoongi perform in person. 

  5. When has someone recently given you an encouraging word? My friend Iris, who also didn't get an Agust D Tour presale code, so we were trying to cheer each other up: "At least we got the BTS LEGO sets!", "At least we saved some money!", "At least you can save that money for Korea and Japan!" We're still wallowing, but we're trying to look on the bright side.
2 comments on "Friday Five: Celebrations"
  1. If there's a layover in Honolulu you know what to do. :)

    I'm very proud of myself for putting Six of Crows down at the beginning of chapter 46, knowing I was near the end but not knowing it was the final chapter. I had things to do Saturday and really needed some rest Friday night. So yeah. I finished it over breakfast this morning. Purchased Crooked Kingdom immediately after but haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have non-stop flights this time around, but I will go to Hawaii at some point (maybe next year?) and you will be the first person I reach out to because you obviously need to take me on all the Hawaiian food tours. :)

      Of all of Leigh Bardugo's Grishaverse novels, Six of Crows is by far my favourite. So glad you found this series! It's been so long since I've read her books, though -- I didn't even realize she released another duology after that. I'll have to brush up on the Grishaverse and start King of Scars.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9