Dining Out: Honey Garlic Pizza and Cheese Jjimdak with Black Sauce at Ssangkye Jjimdak

on
Sunday, July 3, 2022
My friend Iris suggested Korean food for dinner and as we were discussing different restaurants to go to, I suddenly remembered Ssangkye Jjimdak (a.k.a. the restaurant BTS visited when they were here in Toronto back in 2018, as documented in this episode of Run BTS! a few years ago), which is the only restaurant in the GTA that specializes in jjimdak. I hadn't been there in three years and Iris hadn't been there in even longer, so it was decided: we're having jjimdak for dinner.

Honey garlic pizza

Cheese jjimdak with black sauce

In case you've never had jjimdak, it's Korean-style braised chicken. The variations at Ssangkye Jjimdak all include glass noodles, dumplings, cheese-stuffed tteokbokki, and regular tteokbokki. It's sweet, savoury, and freaking delicious. We decided on the cheese jjimdak with black sauce and, of course, the legendary honey garlic pizza to share. (Frankly, I'd come here equally for the braised chicken and the honey garlic pizza. Yes, it's that good. Thank you, BTS, to introducing me to this gem.) It's been three years, and I gotta say: Ssangkye Jjimdak still does some of the best Korean food in the GTA. I hadn't gone back sooner because of the pandemic but I have to visit again ASAP — the rosé jjimdak is calling my name.


Ssangkye Jjimdak 
100 Steeles Ave. W.
Thornhill, ON L4J 7Y1
(905) 597-7288
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9