Friday Five: Watch your phraseology

on
Friday, May 21, 2021
This week's Friday Five:
  1. With whom did you most recently exchange words? A banking client.

  2. Which of your weekend activities will feel like your sentence for a crime? Getting my first COVID vaccination tomorrow. But at least I get four hours off from work to get it.

  3. What have you loved or hated upon reading its first paragraph? I loved Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone upon reading its first paragraph. It's the book that got me into reading.

  4. In the story of your life, what will be the title of the chapter beginning tomorrow? "Slowly Getting Out of Lockdown." Aside from getting my first vaccination tomorrow and the vaccines rolling out to everyone 18+ now, the Ontario premier just announced the re-opening plans for the province. Praying to be able to eat in a restaurant before end of summer.

  5. What are the best and worst books you were assigned to read in school? Hmm, best books are probably Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling in Grade 7, Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden in Grade 8, and The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger in Grade 9. Worst books... honestly, any Shakespeare, from A Midsummer Night's Dream to Macbeth. They were all tedious as fuck to read. Sorry, but Shakespeare is meant to be watched, not read. 
2 comments on "Friday Five: Watch your phraseology"
  1. Yay for getting the first shot!

    You're totally right about how Shakespeare should be watched and not read. I told all my students exactly the same thing -- right before assigning them to read it. If I'd been your teacher for A Midsummer Night's Dream, you might have enjoyed it! :)

    Your question about butter is a little tricky. I prefer no butter on most things they serve it with, like toast, bread, and pancakes! But I love it on blanched broccoli, on steamed Brussels sprouts, and on baked potatoes. I think baked potatoes is my answer. What about you? Oh BUTTER. It suddenly occurs to me what inspired this question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, indeed! Except it kicked me in the ass 3 days later when I felt the most extreme fatigue ever and had crazy muscle/joint pain to the point where it hurt just to turn over in bed...

      Haha, maaaayyyybe... but I can't ever recall enjoying reading Shakespeare. I mean, I always thought the stories were really interesting but reading the plays were actually quite torturous. :P Although I gotta say, Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet is still one of my favourite movies. (And the soundtrack!!!)

      Hahahaha! ;D (As for me, I prefer butter on almost everything, LOL.)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9