Friday Five: Aha!

on
Friday, May 28, 2021
This week's Friday Five:
  1. When did you most recently find money? Last September. I was cleaning out my old room in preparation for moving into my condo and as I was clearing my drawers, I found a lucky red pocket with $100 inside that my dad had given me for Chinese New Year last year. I used it to pay the movers.

  2. When have you lost something and got it back because someone submitted it to a lost-and-found? When I was a teenager, I was coming back home from a local rock show downtown and had accidentally left my keys on the subway train. I realized it about 15 minutes later as I was waiting for the bus and rushed back down to the subway because I had taken the last train and knew they were about the close up the station for the night. Luckily, a custodian who was cleaning the train I was on had brought the keys to their lost-and-found and I got them back.

  3. What did you discover about yourself at your favourite place of employment? I discovered that I'm way more open-minded about music than I thought I was. I was employed at MAC when I found BTS, and at the time, it was my favourite place of employment. Up until that point, I was really only into alternative rock and had mocked a lot of pop music, including K-pop. Since then, I say, "If it sounds good, listen to it."

  4. What was the last thing you peeled? A clementine.

  5. What was the most recent gift you unwrapped? I met up with my friends Amanda and Viv for lunch in March for the first time since last summer, during which we had a belated birthday celebration for Amanda and me. (Viv's birthday is in July and we weren't in lockdown at that time, so we actually got to celebrate with her in person at her house.) So of course, we did a birthday present exchange. Amanda, who works for Shiseido Fragrances, had gifted me an Issey Miyake l'Eau d'Issey Rose & Rose Eau de Parfum set, and Viv, who works for Anastasia Beverly Hills, had gifted me a bunch of ABH products (the Iced Out Highlighter, Brow Freeze Styling Wax, and Lash Brag Volumizing Mascara). Sadly, I barely wear makeup or perfume now, but it was still really nice of them and they're all beautiful products. I just hope I'll be able to use them at some point. (Except the mascara. I use that quite frequently. And it's freaking awesome.)
2 comments on "Friday Five: Aha!"
  1. "If it sounds good, listen to it" is a great lesson. I know a local food writer who frequently posts photos of her shoyu hot dog meals. It's one of those dishes Japanese people created here, mixing their new culture with their old when they came over to work in sugar cane and pineapple fields. Extremely inexpensive and not at all food-snobby. I mentioned to her once that I love how she's not a food snob, and she said, "If it tastes good, eat it!" A similar lesson. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, "If it tastes good, eat it!" is basically my life's motto.

      I will visit you one day and you will have to show me all the good things to eat (e.g. how the locals eat) in Hawaii!!!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9