Photolog 2018: Day 228 of 365

on
Thursday, August 16, 2018

An acquaintance of mine who works at The Face Shop extended an invitation to me for a sort of private sale that they're having which is offering 60% off certain premium Korean beauty brands they carry. When I asked why they were offering such a big discount on these brands (some of which carry products that retail for over $100), she said that it's because The Face Shop hasn't been marketing these brands at all and as a result, no one here pays them any attention even though they're popular prestige brands in South Korea. I find this to be a big problem with many prestige Asian beauty stores that have opened up recently (they're popping up in malls all over the city because the Asian population is so large here). No one's talking about these brands, they're not promoted at all here, and there's so many of them that it gets overwhelming for even an expert beauty shopper. Especially given that they're also trying to compete with skincare giants at Sephora and department stores.

So I went over to The Face Shop on my lunch break to check out what they were offering. One of the beauty advisors there showed me a bunch of different products from different brands according to my skin type and concerns. The SU:M37˚ Water-Full range initially caught my eye because of the unique packaging, but I ended up going for the O Hui Miracle Aqua range because I preferred their textures, skin feel, and scent. I picked up the Skin Softener, Emulsion, and Gel Cream, and ended up saving just over $100. I might go back to get the Essence, too. If they work well, I absolutely don't mind paying price for them. Which, I guess, is the whole point of the sale.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9