MAC Divine Night: Cremesheen Glasses

on
Sunday, October 27, 2013

Last week, MAC released a new collection called Divine Night, which is the main colour collection and first part of MAC's Holiday 2013 offerings. Divine Night was inspired by "what happens at night... the moment when flashing lights illuminate a flair for finery and limitless luxury that can only be described as divine." The design of the powders and the colour combinations were inspired by the elegance and geometric designs of 1920s Art Deco, as well as Studio 54 and the lavish lifestyles of the era. Divine Night consists of 32 products, and sees the release of four new and limited edition shades of Cremesheen Glass. It is housed in special edition matte black packaging with yellow gold detailing and matching secondary cardstock packaging. Each Cremesheen Glass contains 2.7 grams of product, and retails for $25. 

Flair for Finery, You've Got It, Private Party, and Prepare for Pleasure

Flair for Finery is a light milky peachy beige. This is a new and limited edition shade. The texture is lightweight and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has low pigmentation and sheer to semi-sheer buildable colour pay-off. It is slightly more peach than Boy Bait, and slightly darker and more beige than Fashion Whim.
You've Got It is a light dirty beige-brown with green iridescent micro-shimmer. This is a new and limited edition shade. The texture is lightweight and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has low pigmentation and sheer to semi-sheer buildable colour pay-off. It is lighter and cooler than Bare Necessity Dazzleglass, and darker and more grey than Boy Bait.
Private Party is a medium-dark pinked plum with pink iridescent micro-shimmer. This is a new and limited edition shade. The texture is lightweight and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium pigmentation and semi-sheer and semi-opaque buildable colour pay-off. It is sheerer and more purple than Viva Glam VI Lipglass, and darker than Star Nova Lustreglass.
Prepare for Pleasure is a medium brightened cool-toned pinked red. This is a new and limited edition shade. The texture is lightweight and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and semi-opaque to opaque buildable colour pay-off. It is warmer and much redder than Loud & Lovely, and more pink than Venetian Lustreglass.

Cremesheen Glass is by far my favourite lip gloss formula from MAC for a few reasons — they're non-sticky, ultra-creamy, super-glossy, and are excellent for layering. The major drawback here is the wear-time, which is three hours at most, but that's the only thing that could be improved upon, in my opinion. While they are not touted as moisturizing, they are definitely not drying, and I feel that these keep my lips soft and hydrated — these are by far MAC's most hydrating lip gloss formula. And, yes, these are the matching Cremesheen Glasses to (four of) the lipsticks from this launch. My must-haves are Private Party and Prepare for Pleasure, as there is nothing similar in the Cremesheen Glass formula in MAC's permanent range (though there are similar permanent shades from the other gloss formulas that MAC offers). Both Flair for Finery and You've Got It are very sheer and add a slight milkiness and luscious shine... but not much else. I find that when MAC releases Cremesheen Glasses in any given collection, there is always one milky nude shade, and they all look similar to each other, so if you have a nude-coloured Cremesheen Glass from the permanent range or another limited collection, you can skip these ones.
6 comments on "MAC Divine Night: Cremesheen Glasses"
  1. I like cremesheens the best out of MAC's glosses, too (although, um, to be honest, I've only ever tried the lipglass on my hand. Holy moly stickiness!). I want Private Party, but really I don't need anything else. Ever. Again. T_T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, if you think Lipglass is sticky, try Pro Longwear Lipglass! It's actually glue.

      LOL, I have enough make-up to last me like, eight lifetimes... and yet... :P

      Delete
  2. You've Got It looks like it might do strange and wonderful things to different lipsticks as base. No? I never look at sheer glosses but the green flecks are fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of the more unique glosses I've seen recently! And it really does look quite phenomenal on top of lipsticks, especially deeper reds and berry hues... The green flecks are super-subtle but add a wonderful dimension!

      Delete
  3. I have to say, You've Got It is the standout shade for me here too - and I agree that the Cremesheens are my fave MAC lip glosses (never buying a lipglass again if I can help it!), but I just don't wear gloss much anymore, so I probably wouldn't bother with it. Bring on the pigmented lipsticks! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, I'm not super into glosses, either. I've always been more of a lipstick fan. BUT I almost always wear a gloss when I'm doing a nude lip. I find that nude lips can look too flat/washed out without a bit of sheen. But when it comes to bright or dark shades, I generally like wearing lipstick alone. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9