Dior Mystic Metallics: 5 Couleurs Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Bonne Étoile

on
Monday, October 14, 2013

Dior released their Fall 2013 collection a couple months ago, called Mystic Metallics. It was inspired by "Dior’s ultimate lucky charm: the Star. Vibrant, brilliant shades capture the mystery and magic of the Dior Star, a Parisian street ornament that guided Dior to his destiny as worldwide fashion icon." I was initially going to skip this collection, not because it didn't tempt me, but because I couldn't really justify spending so much money on items I know I won't use on a regular basis (or even a semi-regular basis) especially given all the other Fall collections that were rolling out at the same time. But an opportunity came up where I could get a discount on Dior, so I picked up the one item that I deemed as too gorgeous to pass up: the limited edition Bonne Étoile eyeshadow palette. It comes in Dior's signature rectangular dark blue mirrored compact, with two double-ended foam applicators (for shame!) in a dark blue velvet pocket. Each palette comes with 6 grams of product, and retails for $61.

Bonne Étoile

Bonne Étoile

Bonne Étoile #1 is a medium-dark warm olive green with green, gold, copper micro-shimmer in a pearlized satin finish. This is a new and limited edition shade. It has a soft, silky texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is warmer and more golden than MAC Humid, much darker and less golden than MAC Sumptuous Olive, warmer than MAC Greensmoke, and more muted and less green than Urban Decay Bender.
Bonne Étoile #2 is a pale silvered pewter in a sparkly frosted finish. This is a new and limited edition shade. It has a soft, silky texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is darker and more silvered than MAC Forgery, more sparkly than MAC Vex, warmer than MAC Idol Eyes, and cooler than Urban Decay Zephyr. 
Bonne Étoile #3 is a light muted seafoam green with a soft golden shimmer-sheen in a pearlized satin finish. This is a new and limited edition shade. It has a soft, silky texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium-high pigmentation and semi-opaque to opaque buildable colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is warmer and more frosted than MAC Aqua, lighter than MAC Sweet & Sour Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo, darker and warmer than MAC Fresh & Mint Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo, and more green and more shimmery than MAC Clearwater Paint Pot. 
Bonne Étoile #4 is a medium-dark teal-blue with a metallic finish. This is a new and limited edition shade. It has a soft, silky texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is much darker and more blue than MAC Steamy, brighter and more blue than Urban Decay Hijack, darker and more teal than Urban Decay Radium, and much darker than Urban Decay Shattered. 
Bonne Étoile #5 is a medium-dark warm golden brown in a satin finish. This is a new and limited edition shade. It has a soft, silky texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is darker than MAC Soba, lighter and less metallic than MAC Tempting, less golden than MAC Bronze, and more golden than Urban Decay Snakebite.

This is definitely the star product (har, har, har) of Dior's Mystic Metallics collection. All five shades have beautifully smooth and pigmented formulas that apply like a dream and blend out easily. Even the soft seafoam green shade, which is the least pigmented of the five, layers up beautifully on the eye. I also find that the five shades work really well together to create a variety of different looks, but are really distinct colours on their own. It's like a warmer, smokier, sexier (and far more wearable) take on the"peacock" eye that was big over the summer (as witnessed with Dior's Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 collection). This is definitely one of the better Dior eyeshadow palettes I've come across, too, at least in terms of texture and uniqueness. It's expensive for an eyeshadow palette of this quantity, but I'd say it falls under standard pricing in the luxury cosmetics world, and in this instance, you really get what you pay for. Plus, let's be honest, it's just damn pretty to look at.
6 comments on "Dior Mystic Metallics: 5 Couleurs Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Bonne Étoile"
  1. i just absolutely love the embossing on this eye palette! if i wore these colors regularly i totally would have snapped this up.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a sucker for pretty packaging and detail. :P I don't wear these colours regularly (I have 500+ eyeshadows to rotate through, lol) but I was offered a discount and couldn't refuse! I think if I had to pay full price, I probably wouldn't have, though, despite it's gorgeousness.

      Delete
  2. Well, you know I got it just because it's pretty. Wore the hell out of it for the first month but I've already forgotten about it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You know I also got it just because it's pretty. :P Actually, I blame you for this particular lemming. I wouldn't have thought about it had I not seen it on your blog. :P I've worn it once so far, lol. Will try to wear it at least another few times before moving on. DETERMINED.

      Delete
  3. I really liked the palette but I knew I'd only use 3 out of 5 shades so I couldn't justify the expense. The texture looks amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, 3 out of 5 is pretty good... :P I always try to use all the shades in any given palette; it's just a matter of finding the right combination. This is usually why I don't buy lip palettes or mixed palettes (like lip and eye), though, 'cause I always end up disliking something. But eyeshadow palettes are like kryptonite for me. :P But, yes, the textures are fantastic in this one!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9