September Vacation Pick-Ups & Deliveries

on
Monday, September 9, 2013
I was on "vacation" last week — that is, I took a week off from all work-related activities — and didn't end up actually going anywhere... but that doesn't mean I didn't do some intense damage to my bank account. After my big haul in July, I didn't really do that much shopping in August and apparently decided to make up for it in one single week. It all started with a trip to Sephora with Steph, who happened to have 10% off because she renewed her VIB status and was kind enough to share it with me, so I picked up some stuff I'd been eyeing for the past month. Oh, and my friend who works for Dior offered me her discount, and I couldn't resist getting the Bonne Étoile eyeshadow palette from the Mystic Metallics collection that I'd been drooling over since I saw it on Liz's blog

Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Pressed Finishing Powder in Medium

Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks in Turn On, Anarchy, Catfight, Streak, and Naked

Marc Jacobs Shameless Bold Blush in 210 Irresistible and 214 Promiscuous

Dior 5 Couleurs Mystic Metallics Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette in 384 Bonne Étoile

Then, a few days later, Steph and I made our way to the Estée Lauder warehouse sale. I put myself on a make-up and body product ban, so I was focused more on skincare and haircare. There was a really disappointing Bumble and Bumble selection this time around (they had some great stuff last time that I regret not picking up) and I don't care for Ojon, so I gave up on getting hair product. I didn't think I was going to find anything good until we approached the last warehouse (there are three in total), and — jackpot! — there were four tables full of very recently discontinued (as in, the last couple months) and overstock of Estée Lauder skincare. I scored a huge 400ml bottle of my favourite Perfectly Clean Fresh Balancing Toner for $25 from $39.50 (discontinued and replaced), a 50ml bottle of my staple Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex for $55 from $97 (discontinued and replaced), and a jar of Nutritious Vita-Mineral Moisture Creme for $30 from $65 (I tried a sample of this last year and ended up loving it, so this will be my winter night moisturizer). I didn't pick up any of the $5 MAC charity grab bags this time around, but Steph bought three and gave me the Seductive Intent Mattene Lipstick that was in one of them because it's one of my favourite lipsticks of all time.

Estée Lauder Nutritious Vita-Mineral Moisture Creme, Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex, and Perfectly Clean Fresh Balancing Toner

MAC Seductive Intent Mattene Lipstick

Speaking of MAC, I put in a huge online order last week that included products that are launching this week (on Thursday), plus some other random goodies for both personal use and for my kit:

MAC Retro Matte Collection Lipsticks

MAC Antonio Lopez Collection Face and Eye Palettes

MAC Pressed Pigments (clockwise from top left): Black Grape, Vanilla Diamond, Rock Candy, Lime Ice, Summer Honey, and Damson

MAC Prep + Prime Highlighters in Peach Lustre and Bright Forecast, #159 and #286 Brushes

MAC Lipsticks in Yash and Sin (PRO), and In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash Mascara

And even though I'm supposed to be a candle ban, I went into Bath & Body Works and ended up buying five new candles because their new fall scents are out and I love their fall scents and I couldn't resist because their small and mason jar candles were on sale for 5 for $30 and... I'm a sucker. Okay, no more candles this year. I swear.

Bath & Body Works Fresh Picked Mason Jar Candles in Farmstand Apple, Blackberry Spice, Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, Heirloom Pear, and Harvest Coffee

At least I didn't buy any new nail polish...
4 comments on "September Vacation Pick-Ups & Deliveries"
  1. "At least I didn't buy any new nail polish..." ...for now. FOR NOW, DENISE.

    LOL I cannot wait until you review EVERYTHING. Your hauls are always amazing.

    I'm loving the look of that Sin lipstick. Curious to know how you'd do the rest of the face with a shade that dark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I already have my eye on like, 12 shades of nail polish. :P I'm gonna try to withhold buying new shades for like, two weeks. Let's see if I can make it...

      Haha, reviews are forthcoming! And if by "amazing," you mean "too much," I totally agree, LOL.

      Sin actually isn't as blackened as it looks in the tube; it's a vampy dark wine red. I'd keep the rest of the face pretty simple and neutral; black liner and mascara (you could skip the liner if you wanted, but you know my thing for winged liner!) and a shimmery slightly rosy neutral blush like NARS Lovejoy or MAC Warm Soul or Tarte Dazzled (the shimmer creates a nice dimension to the face especially paired with a matte lipstick). :)

      Delete
  2. KABOOOM!!! That's some haul, Denise!! LOL And I loved reading every bit of it :) I think you've got some good stuff here, and will have a ton of fun playing. And - what do you think of that Harvest Coffee candle? I bought one last week and I like it better when it's not burning...otherwise it's a little too intense for my tastes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanksssss! ;) It was a pretty intense haul, not gonna lie, and I was totally paying for it the week after when I was like, "Hmm... I have $50 to spend for the rest of the week..." :P But it's been a blast going through everything -- I still haven't touched my Dior palette, and I'm kinda dreading doing it because it's so damn pretty, lol.

      I actually haven't burned the Harvest Coffee candle yet. I still have an Espresso Bar candle that I picked up over the summer and haven't even touched that one yet, lol. I just like to hoard candles, apparently. :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9