MAC Antonio Lopez: 3 Lips Palette in Fuchsia

on
Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Last Thursday, MAC released a new collection featuring the works of Antonio Lopez. It is inspired by "this legendary fashion illustrator's vibrant energy, brazen attitude, and love of life." Antonio Lopez is comprised of 12 new and limited edition products —10 of which will be available at all locations, one of which is available at MAC Stores only, and one of which is online exclusive. Antonio Lopez will see the release of three lip palettes, each of which include three shades of lipstick and a mini 316SE brush. "Each palette displays the fiercely individual face of one of his muses, 'Antonio's girls,' while each product's packaging features an exclusive drawing by the artist." Each lip palette contains 3.75 grams of product, and retails for $33.

Candy Yum-Yum, Moxie, and Violetta

Candy Yum-Yum, Moxie, and Violetta

Candy Yum-Yum is a medium-dark vibrant cool-toned neon fuchsia pink in a Matte finish. This is a permanent shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It is lighter and more neon than Show Orchid (PRO).
Moxie is a medium-dark vibrant reddened pink in a Matte finish. This was a permanent shade that was discontinued in 1999, re-promoted in 2012's MAC By Request collection, and is limited edition. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It is cooler and more pink than Impassioned, and warmer and more reddened than Full Fuchsia (PRO).
Violetta is a medium-dark brightened magenta-purple with soft fuchsia micro-shimmer in an Amplified finish. This is a permanent PRO shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. There is nothing similar to this within MAC's permanent range; it is darker and less pink than Up the Amp, and less neon and much more purple than Candy Yum-Yum.

I'm not a huge fan of lip palettes in general because I find that most of them have maybe one or two shades that I love and then the rest I won't use at all. But when I saw this palette, I knew I had to have it. Yes, it has two shades in it that are permanent (one is a PRO-only shade), but it also has Moxie, a most gorgeous matte reddened pink that was discontinued over a decade ago (it was available online from last year's MAC By Request collection but was sold out in about two hours). I'm a huge sucker for these insanely bright lipsticks, so you know I had to grab this one. And the formulas on all of them are beautiful — they all feel creamy going on, apply smoothly and evenly, and with full colour coverage. If you don't have any of these shades and you're a fan of bright fuchsia lips, this palette is definitely worth looking at.
8 comments on "MAC Antonio Lopez: 3 Lips Palette in Fuchsia"
  1. Moxie is sexxxxy.

    I don't like lip palettes either because I rarely use a brush and subsequently they always go neglected. Gorgeous colours though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fair; I rarely use a brush to put on lipstick myself. Weirdly enough, I never NOT use a lip brush when I'm doing someone else's make-up. I do think using a brush makes the lip colour look smoother and cleaner and more polished 'cause you get such good precision... but yeah, laaaaazzzyyy. However, I would totally bust out my lip brush to use this palette, lol. At least, to use Moxie, 'cause I already own Candy Yum-Yum and Violetta in tube form. :P

      Delete
    2. Ugh, I know! That's what I realized when wrestling with that bitch Lady Danger. Freaking amazing with precise application, can't be bothered 99.9% of the time.

      Delete
    3. LOL. I generally wear bright or dark colours with lip liner, so I tend to forgo the lip brush. Lip liner applied after lipstick makes the lips look so much cleaner and polished and defined. Plus, they make lipstick last longer, too. :)

      If you ever want one to wear with Lady Danger, try MAC's Redd. ;)

      Delete
  2. I really like Moxie but I don't see myself using a lip palette because touch up would be more time consuming. I don't have Candy Yum-Yum or Violetta. I'm a bit afraid of Candy Yum-Yum's matte texture that might make my lips look even more dry. I'm not sure why I don't have Violetta :) Maybe I should rectify that "Error" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, as I've been using these palettes more frequently, I've actually come to the conclusion that using a lip brush with a palette takes the same amount of time as putting on lipstick out of the tube. I mean, in the end, you need the same amount of precision to wear these types of colours, and a brush gets you there faster 'cause you don't have to rotate and manipulate the lipstick to shape around the contours of your lip! :P It's all a matter of whether you want to carry that lip brush with you or not, lol. But these types of kits always come with a brush.

      Moxie is STUNNING. I wish they'd bring it back permanently. :(

      Candy Yum-Yum is a shade that is super-fun but can be hard to wear for many skintones. It is matte, but it's not more dry than MAC's other matte shades, like Russian Red or Diva. It is definitely creamier than Retro Mattes (e.g. Ruby Woo), though. You should try it on next time you're at a counter/store. :)

      And yes, Violetta is gorgeous! I know I've asked you this before, but I don't remember the answer -- do you guys have a PRO store near you? Violetta is a PRO-only shade, sadly, so if you only have regular MAC Stores there, it's gonna be hard to get your hands on. :(

      Delete
    2. Hehe, okay here's the confession. Since I wear jeans to work everyday, when I want to touch up my lipstick, I chuck it into my pocket and then head to the restroom. Can't do that with a palette + lip brush, ya know? :) But you do have a point.

      I shall try it out one of these days. The only Matte finish lipstick I have is Embrace Me. I love it but not after 3-4 hours of wearing it. Then my lip lines are so obvious. I still have to play around with it to see how I can apply it better.

      We don't have a PRO store in Norway. I think there's one in Stockholm, Sweden. But I haven't been to Sweden. I don't know why, haven't gotten around to it. But we're going to Berlin next weekend and there's a PRO store there. I'll check out Violetta. Still wondering if I need Show Orchid. It was a bit too blue toned for me last I swatched it but let's see. I mull over things way too much :)

      Delete
    3. Lol, that's fair -- I very rarely ever travel without a purse (which has my huge make-up bag, lol), so there's ALWAYS room for more lip products!

      I've been wearing a lot of mattes lately, and there are a few things that do help: slather on lip balm before you go to bed (a humectant, not a protectant -- something like Jack Black's lip balm or The Body Shop's Lip Butters or Maybelline's Baby Lips, not Burt's Bees or Vaseline), and then exfoliate them gently with a lip scrub or a face cloth or even your toothbrush the next morning. Then before putting on the lipstick, use a lip primer (like MAC's Prep + Prime Lip). I do, however, think that the shade itself plays a part in how much your lip lines show. Embrace Me is a fairly bright pink, so it tends to show lip texture on a darker skintone, but darker shades like Diva or Viva Glam I or Viva Glam III won't. You should also try more Satins, which are demi-mattes -- shades like Rebel, Media, and Film Noir would look fantastic on you!

      Ooh, yes, check out the PRO store in Berlin! Definitely check out Violetta. And if you like your fuchsia pinks, I say get Show Orchid. How often are you at a PRO store, ya know? And while you're there, check out Sin, too -- it's a gorgeous dark berry!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9