Sunday Video Love: The Lion the Beast the Beat

on
Sunday, August 4, 2013

Addicted to Grace Potter & The Nocturnals' latest album right now. To define their sound is kind of impossible; they encompass many rock subgenres from alternative to folk to blues, and they are, in my opinion, one of the most underrated acts in rock music. Grace Potter is like a modern day mix of Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, Fleetwood Mac, Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, and Mazzy Star — incredibly talented, beautifully dynamic, and 100% bad ass.
4 comments on "Sunday Video Love: The Lion the Beast the Beat"
  1. I LOVE them. I also love that Jaymes Young is on your August playlist. Love him, too. Lots of love going on :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, love all the love! :) I actually found Jaymes Young when I was searching for some random remixes on YouTube! Beautiful songs.

      Grace Potter's voice just does it for me.... That kind of gorgeous raspy fierceness... SO GOOD. I'm legitimately surprised that they aren't more popular!

      Delete
  2. I must say...though I am not a big fan of country, you're right - this band has an amazing mix of several sounds that really appeals to me. I downloaded a few of their albums late last month and so far I'm diggin them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Grace Potter and the Nocturnals! I wouldn't say this band is country at all, but some of their songs have a country influence. I don't love all their songs, but that's kinda what appeals to me, that there's something for everyone. :) Glad you're enjoying them!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9