Friday Five: The Grass is Always Greener

on
Friday, August 2, 2013
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What's something non food-related you have to go to a nearby town to do because the town where you live doesn't have it? I technically live about 15 minutes outside of Toronto and while we have pretty much everything here, I still go into the city to go to concerts (all the major venues are downtown), take the subway (not often, though, 'cause I hate public transportation), and shop at stores that we don't have here (like Holt Renfrew)... I'd also have to go out of town if I was ever interested in things like fishing or going to the beach (but I'm not, so I don't really worry about it).
  2. What's something you go to a nearby town to do because your town's version of it isn't as good? I go into the city to eat non-Asian foods. Like Burger's Priest.
  3. What's something people in nearby towns come to your town to do? Eat really good, authentic, cheap Asian food.
  4. In what way are residents of a nearby town different from residents in your town? I technically live in a city in the Greater Toronto Area, but I do think people are a little nicer and more humble here than in Toronto core. 
  5. Many towns give themselves nicknames, like "______ Capital of America" or "America's ___________est Town" or "Home of __________." What would be a good nickname along these lines to give the town where you live? Actually, my city's nickname is "The High-Tech Capital." But I'd call it "Home of Crappy Drivers" or possibly "Chinatown II."
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9