Sunday Video Love: I Will Steal You Back

on
Sunday, June 16, 2013

A few months ago, I pondered what bands were going to come out of the woodwork this year after Tegan and Sara came out with Heartthrob after four years and Paramore came out with their self-titled after four years. Now, Jimmy Eat World is back after three years with their eighth (!) studio album, Damage, which was just released five days ago. Jimmy Eat World, who can be held responsible for making emo music mainstream in the late '90s, will always hold a special place in my heart — I remember I was in middle school when I first heard "Lucky Denver Mint," and when my online friend sent me a leaked advance MP3 of "Sweetness" over AOL Instant Messenger (this is geting nostalgic, fo' real!) just before Grade 9, and of course, playing the entire Bleed American album on repeat for the first six months after its release until I knew all the lyrics of every song by heart. "I Will Steal You Back" is the first single from Damage, and they're as catchy and emo as ever. As one YouTube commenter put it: "This song is so good, it makes me want to rob an electronics store, get convicted, go to prison, commit suicide, get reincarnated as a ladybird, live a good life (to make up for the robbery), then get reincarnated again as a human, so I can listen to this song for the first time again."
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9