Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Cameo

on
Monday, January 14, 2013


So, I'm on a bit of a cream polish kick right now; I can't even tell you how great it is to be able to take off all of your nail polish in less than a minute after getting used to spending a good 15 minutes soaking your nails in 100% acetone to remove glitter (which is basically all I wore during the holidays). As I had mentioned, I'd picked up two Sephora-exclusive Illamasqua shades a couple months ago — after being so impressed with Noble, I couldn't wait to try the second shade, Cameo.


Cameo is a medium-dark periwinkle blue in a cream finish. It has a fluid consistency, without being too thick or runny. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It is perfectly self-levelling and applies effortlessly. It has high pigmentation, and will go opaque in two medium coats or one thick coat. I can't think of a good dupe for this shade; Topshop's Celestial is lighter and less purple, and Essie's Bikini So Teeny is much lighter, almost lavender. I actually got more people asking me what this shade was than when I was wearing Noble. It's probably one of the most wearable vibrant blues I've ever seen; I find that a lot of blue nail polishes tend to be too dark, too light, or too bright, but this one has just the perfect intensity. It's a surprisingly unique shade, and in a beautiful formula to boot. What I love most about Cameo is that it seems to transcend seasons; I could just as easily wear this now as in the summer, and it would still seem appropriate. A must-have for any blue polish fiend.
4 comments on "Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Cameo"
  1. This is a gorgeous color. Such a vibrant and beautiful shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It's definitely one of my favourite blue polishes of all time, which is really saying something! And it goes on beautifully, too.

      Delete
  2. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE. I think I might like Noble a touch better, but this one will look amazing under the summer sun. Picture it. I'm dying a little at the visual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, this one's a beauty! I love both just the same, I think. Noble is brighter and happier, but this one seems classier despite its vibrancy. :P Seriously impressed with both, either way! This one doesn't scream "SUMMER" the way Noble does, but I agree, it would look stunning in the summer sun. :) I'm picturing it more so on patios, where I can smoke freely...

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9