NYC — Autumn 2012: Aritzia and Uniqlo

on
Thursday, September 6, 2012
We spent Saturday afternoon walking around Soho and somehow ended up at Aritzia. Now, yes, I know it's a Canadian company and we have tons of their stores in Toronto, but I was looking to replace my three-year-old Wilfred Chevalier Blazer, which has a giant ripped hole near the armpit now (let's just say my cost per use on it is really low, okay?). They have the same retail prices as we do in Canada, but the retail tax is lower, so I snatched up a new one while I was there.

Wilfred Black Satin Crepe Chevalier Blazer

I was extremely tempted to buy a black Mackage leather bomber-style jacket while I was there, but resisted since it just wasn't in my trip budget to spend $600 on a leather jacket and I knew I would have had buyer's remorse later on if I had bought it just then. I decided to cheer myself up instead at one of my favourite stores just up the street: Uniqlo. (Which we sadly do not have in Canada yet.) Uniqlo makes my favourite pants, ever, one of which I bought on my last trip to New York and got snagged about two months later so there is now a huge rip near the crotch area. So I was ready to stock up. And when I got in there, I found out that they were on a weekend sale special for $14.90 from $19.90. It was meant to be. So I bought five new pairs of my favourite Leggings Pants. And in an effort to try to add some colour to my wardrobe, I only bought three black pairs and got one in red and the other in olive. Aren't you proud of me?

Leggings Pants!

Scarves!

I also snatched up four scarves 'cause they're cute, soft, warm, and were only $9.90 each! I couldn't resist.


Aritzia
524 Broadway
New York, NY 10012
(212) 965-2188

Uniqlo
546 Broadway
New York, NY 10012
(917) 237-8800
12 comments on "NYC — Autumn 2012: Aritzia and Uniqlo"
  1. COLOURS!!!!!!!!!

    I am SO proud. SO SO PROUD. :D

    I know Mackage is supposed to be the cool jacket brand, but you can find a $200 black leather jacket and still feel cool - because that's how black leather works. I think you made the right choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you, thank you! It was a long time coming, but I think it was about time to expand my clothing horizons. :)

      LOL, agreed. I'm thinking of checking out Danier for a similar style. You know how you just get caught up in the designer whirlwind when you're in NYC? THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED. But I'm back now, and back to reality, lol.

      Delete
    2. OMG Uniqlo is on my list of stores to visit!!! Denise, why are you so fast in posting?? I still haven't updated my blog and I have yet to go on my trip!


      And LOVE the red! Perfect for fall!!

      Delete
    3. YESSSSS, I'm excited for you to visit Uniqlo!!! I don't know why they don't bring it up here. It's a Japanese brand; don't we have ENOUGH Asians in this city?!

      LOL, I'm blogging fast 'cause I'm still on vacation so I have the time right now. If I had work right after my trip, it would seriously take me a full week. :P

      And thanks, I think so, too! Except now I'm seeing red pants everywhere. I swear, there were like, six girls wearing red pants at the bar I went to tonight...

      Delete
    4. My thoughts exactly!!!! Same with Muji. Like, why can't it just conquer Canada already. My wallet is open and willing. #sluttywallet.

      p.s. I just saw a lady wearing red pants and a black and white striped boatneck sweater. Everyone's wearing that combo!

      Delete
    5. Maybe American wallets are sluttier? :(

      I think people would go apeshit for Muji here. They need to open up stores in Toronto and Vancouver (e.g. Asian Invasion). Who are their marketing people?!? Why the hell would Muji open in the UK but not here?!

      Delete
    6. It's MIND BOGGLING, Denise! Mind Bog-ggge-linnng!

      Delete
    7. LOL, just imagined you saying that in your chicken voice...

      Delete
  2. My jaw DROPPED when I saw red! Are these the leggings that you wore last time I saw you? I totally want a pair! Or like 5. SUCH A DEAL!

    I also love the stripy scarves. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, right?! Who knew I would ever buy red pants? NO ONE. But no, they're not the ones you saw me in last time. I think those ones were from The Bay, by Hue. They were like, $20. The reason why I like these ones from Uniqlo is because they actually look like skinny jeans rather than denim leggings. So you get the comfort, but the look of slimmer legs and a nicer ass. :P You should totally check out a Uniqlo if you ever get the chance. You'd go nuts in there. And no tax on any clothing under $110!!! :D

      Thanks, I LOVE THEM SO!

      Delete
    2. "...slimmer legs and a nicer ass."
      UM..now I really want!! I might have to get you to pick me a couple pairs the next time you go!

      Delete
    3. Haha, yeah, for sure! I probably won't be going back to NYC for a while, though. :/ If my brother is coming back for Christmas, maybe I can get him to pick some up...

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9