NYC — Spring 2012: A Stroll Through Financial District

on
Sunday, May 6, 2012
We spent a good chunk of our early Saturday afternoon walking around the Financial District. For some reason, I never get tired of walking there; it's so different from the rest of New York, it's like you're transported to an entirely different world.

New York Stock Exchange

Federal Hall National Memorial

Trinity Church

Red Cube by Isama Noguchi

Joie de Vivre by Mark di Suvero

Construction of Four World Trade Center

Ironworkers Local 40

Construction of One World Trade Center

And I didn't walk into Century 21 even once.
7 comments on "NYC — Spring 2012: A Stroll Through Financial District"
  1. My sister dragged me into Century 21 a few times when we last went and I always hated it!

    Because I work in a financial district, I don't care for them in other cities either, though NY is MUCH more majestic and cultural than Toronto. I remember just wanting to get out of there as soon as possible. A giant red cube does make things much better though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, to be fair, I hate Century 21 because it's always so damn busy, but you can find some amazing things if you actually find the patience to look... I found Paige Premium and Citizens of Humanity Jeans for like, $60. And if you're willing to pay more, they have much higher-end designer brands at discounted prices (of course, paying $500 instead of $1000 for a handbag is still a lot of money, but it's a good deal). But I also think it's sort of redundant to go into shops like that nowadays because of sites like Hautelook and Beyond the Rack. :P

      I just appreciate the area for the architecture, really. There's not a lot to do in Financial District other than look at buildings, lol. But yeah, I totally love that you find the most random sculptures there. :)

      Delete
  2. I visited the Financial District for the first time this past trip - partly because we stayed nearby, and partly because we went to the World Trade Center Memorial (the museum wasn't open yet so it was just the 2 pools and the survivor tree.) I didn't actually walk on Wall St. or anything, though. I also went to Century 21 for the very first time and I was rather disappointed. I did pick up a couple of things (including Cupcakekeys!) but I heard the location by Columbus Circle has much better stock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, Wall Street really isn't that exciting, lol. My brother used to live on Wall Street and it's pretty much all business stuff. There are some nice restaurants around Wall Street, though. Did you take a picture with the bull? :)

      Century 21 carries a ton of gems, if you have the patience to actually find them... But I don't. :P

      I've never been to the location by Columbus Circle (indeed, I didn't even know there was one!), but I'll be sure to check it out next time!

      Delete
    2. I imagine your brother to be some hotshot investment banker or something... am I close? Sounds like he does very well for himself - good for him!

      No, we didn't actually walk around the area but on one of my many future New York City visits, I'm sure I'll make it back.

      I'm the same as you - no patience to dig. It's why I don't shop at Winners, even though I'm sure there are good deals. I find H&M overwhelming sometimes. :P

      Delete
    3. Haha, yeah, he's in investment banking. :P HE GOT ALL THE ASIAN GENES.

      That's exactly why I don't shop at Winners, either!!! It overwhelms me. Even if I stand outside the store, I get all tired and wary... And I'm not a fan of H&M, either. Too many racks to dig through. That's why I love stores like Aritzia. Everything's nicely spaced and nicely displayed. :P

      Delete
    4. Ahahahaha I totally LOL-ed. My sister got them in our family. I can't even do simple mental math. :*(

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9