NYC — Spring 2012: Malin + Goetz

on
Monday, May 7, 2012
I know we have Malin + Goetz in Toronto, but I don't live anywhere near a retailer that carries it (and shipping from their site is ridiculously expensive), so I took the opportunity to learn about the products while I was in New York. I actually went to Bloomingdale's first, where I met a really nice, super-informative Malin + Goetz demo named Emily working for the weekend at the SpaceNK area, and she and I had a lovely chat. I was originally looking for a new night moisturizer, having recently finished my Boscia Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel and losing my jar of MAC Mineralize Charged Water Moisture Gel that I thought I had brought to New York with me (I still can't find it).


After describing to her my skin type, Emily recommended the Vitamin E Face Moisturizer, which is an oil-free, residue-free moisturizer that is great for hydrating and calming all skin types. I was wary at first, because I don't often trust products that are for all skin types, but this lightweight cream seriously keeps my skin feeling hydrated and soothed (I'm prone to redness, itchiness, and breakouts depending on the environment and season) without feeling greasy at all. This is a fantastic moisturizer for sensitive skin, actually. I also got the Replenishing Face Serum as a day moisturizer (I am almost out of my Boscia Clear Complexion Moisturizer with Botanical Blast), because it hydrates my skin while being light and oil-free, and keeps my skin super smooth and ready for make-up. This is also a product suitable for all skin types, and while those with drier skin can use this with a moisturizer, I found that it was sufficient on its own for my combination-oily skin.

I returned to Bloomingdale's Soho a few days later and redeemed all the Bloomingdale's Loyallist points I collected on my trip on a bottle of the Grapefruit Face Cleanser (surprisingly great for make-up removal), a tube of the Eucalyptus Deodorant (I am allergic to most anti-perspirants, and this one is aluminum- and alcohol-free), and a tube of Mojito Lip Balm (smells good, super-hydrating, and leaves a nice shine). Of course, now there's about 20 other products I want to try...


Bloomingdale's (SpaceNK)
1000 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10022
(212) 705-2772

Bloomingdale's Soho
504 Broadway
New York, NY 10012
(212) 729-5136
10 comments on "NYC — Spring 2012: Malin + Goetz"
  1. I've never heard of M+G. Are they new or did I miss something??

    I was wondering when we'd see the beauty haul! Grapefruit face cleanser sounds good. I hate my Milk Tea cleanser from Etude House. Does nothing and it's breakout city here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, they're not new, they're just not that popular here! I had heard of them many, many years ago, but because they're only available at like, three stores in Toronto (and all of them independently-owned), people just don't know about it. I guess, here, it's more of a niche brand. But it's huge in the US, especially NYC, 'cause that's where it originated.

      That sucks, the Milk Tea cleanser sounded so... delightful! Is it for oily skin? The Grapefruit Face Cleanser is quite fabulous, not gonna lie. You can get M+G at Delineation (Yonge + Eglinton) and Jacob & Sebastian (Queen + Bathurst), in case you're interested. Online shipping is too expensive.

      I actually picked up the Philosophy Purity Made Simple Foaming Gel Cleanser not too long ago -- I didn't like the original that much, but this one is quite good! I'm big on texture. :P I just felt like the original wasn't cleaning my face well enough.

      Delete
    2. I liked the original enough but felt the same, too, that it wasn't cleansing my face completely. I'd try the Foaming Gel Cleanser!

      Delete
    3. I like it a lot better than the original, but it's still not my fave. I've ultimately decided that I like CREAMY foaming cleansers more than gel cleansers, lol.

      Delete
    4. I love creamy foaming cleansers but whether or not it's actually true, I feel like for my oily skin I should be using gel cleansers. But whenever I'm staying at a friend's or on vacation, I like to use their face washes. ;) My friend's Lancôme Crème Mousse Confort smells divine!

      Delete
    5. See, I have oily skin, too, but I feel like the cream foaming cleansers are frothier and, therefore, I feel like they are cleaning better (this is clearly psychological, though). Gel cleansers just don't foam up as well! But, true, the Creme Mousse Confort does smell great, like roses. But it didn't leave my skin feeling as clean as I want it (probably because it's for dry skin). The Creme Radiance is still my fave! :)

      Delete
  2. GAHHHH! YET another brand to add to my must-try list.

    Is it an 'all-natural' brand??


    Your posts are making me super motivated to make this possible trip to NYC in September a reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not an all-natural brand -- they blend natural ingredients with synthetic ones. But they were formulated for super-sensitive skin to reduce irritation and allergies. :) Definitely worth trying out. So far loving everything I bought. <3

      You should definitely make a trip to NYC. I seriously wanna go again later in the year, if my budget and time allow it!!!

      Delete
  3. Are the face moisturizers scented? What brand does their pricing compare to? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are slightly scented, I suppose, but not on purpose. Any scent is naturally-derived. :)

      I would say their pricing compares to Estee Lauder or Shiseido. Like, more than Clinique, but less than Lancome, lol.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9