Survey Says...

on
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
This week's Survey Says... from Temptalia:
  1. Your skintone/colouring? I have a medium skintone with yellow undertones. I am typically an NC35 to NC40 in MAC foundations.
  2. Eyeshadow you last wore? MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo in This & That (shimmery beige shade for inner corner and highlight), MAC Extra Dimension Eyeshadow in Sweet Heat (lid colour), MAC Reel Sexy Eyeshadow Duo in Dynamic Duo 3 (teal shade in the crease with dark taupe shade blended in), and MAC Extra Dimension Eyeshadow in Dark Dare (outer corner).
  3. Lipstick you last wore? MAC Cherish with MAC Cremesheen Glass in Private Screening.
  4. Foundation you last wore? MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC40.
5 comments on "Survey Says..."
  1. 1. I'm medium dark, NW43 in MAC shade.
    2. MAC Bronze with MAC Shop & Drop layered on top of MAC Slick Black Greasepaint Stick. A little bit of MAC Woodwinked as inner corner highlight.
    3. MAC Spice is Nice with Natural Flare Cremesheen glass.
    4. MAC Studio Sculpt. I had a tube lying around from one of my impulse purchases last year and I used to think it made me look really oily but then I tried it out again yesterday and used half the amount I usually use and it gives me a really nice finish and I need very little concealer on top. Works wonderfully well with Prep + Prime finishing powder.

    OK, I shall keep quiet now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, look at us being MAC whores. ;)

      How do you like the P+P Finishing Powder???

      I love using Studio Sculpt on my dry-skinned clients, it has such a gorgeous finish and amazing coverage! I'm too oily to be using it, though. I'm so oily to the point where I can't even stand using liquid/cream foundations on my face. :P

      Delete
    2. That's the thing. I thought I was too oily for it but my younger sister who is quite oily like me loves it. So I bought a tube for fun and then chucked it aside after disastrous results last Summer.

      But then I started using Origins Checks & Balances ;) I think that's what's making my skin behave better and now Studio Sculpt in a pea-size is not really oily at all.

      Oh I also like MatchMaster, it's quite good at oil control.

      Delete
    3. Err forgot about P&P. I really like it. I use it to set my smudgy black eyeliner on my lower lashline (I don't really like applying eyeshadow on my lower lashline so I end up smudging black eyeliner. It's strange, I don't even know why I do it but I think I'm just too in love with smudgy eyeliner pencils that I want to use them more and keep finding places to apply them? *Disturbing, I know*

      I also use it to set my concealer and foundation. Oh and I apply it again after I apply my blush. Makes my oily skin so much more bearable.

      I heard MUFE's one is better but I actually finished a jar of MAC's loose version then I bought the pressed version and I don't want to cheat on MAC :(

      Delete
    4. I am so oily that I use MAC's Oil Control Lotion, Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50, Studio Fix Powder Foundation, and Blot Powder. All together on my face. This has helped, as I tend to use only one or two blotting sheets now instead of like, eight. :P But yeah, my face is so oily that my powder foundation looks like liquid foundation within two hours of putting it on, lol.

      Conclusion: I will need to check out Checks & Balances!

      Matchmaster is definitely a beautiful foundation. And I'm glad they added shades for our friends who are darker than NW50. :)

      LOL @ "I want to use them more and keep finding places to apply them." AMAZING.

      Have you tried P+P powder as a primer?

      Haha, few people are brand-loyal these days, myself included. ;) If you're curious about MUFE's version, you should try it! It might be your new holy grail product!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9